Olivier Rocca, CEO of smart tokenization blockchain project Money by Design, on Tuesday presented at the headquarters of the World Bank in Washington, DC, before a panel of experts in Transport, Energy and Global Development. The Money by Design project, which is supported by the Nice, France-based startup, Voxcracy, launches its initial coin offering (ICO) on March 19, facilitated by French ICO boutique, Chaineum.
The Money by Design presentation covered topics from financial solutions, that enable the monetization of material and immaterial assets through their registration on a distributed ledger, to the possibility of granting institutions, like the World Bank, authority over specially designated blockchains designed to reduce fraud and corruption in the distribution of monetary aid.
Money by Design also outlined plans to develop tokens that can be used as a real means of payment in the world economy, allowing users in developing countries to bypass many traditional financial structures and make payments using only a debit card or mobile device. As a result of the presentation, several discussions have been initiated to discuss practical applications for the Money by Design technology, including case studies to optimize processes and minimize cost of providing aid to developing countries, according to the company’s statement.
Senior Financial Analyst and Energy Expert at the World Bank, Fabrice Bertholet stated, “Money by Design aims at building confidence and trust in sectors where institutions are regarded as insufficiently reliable and transparent. Establishing transparency, automation and traceability in transactions and currency flow management is a major challenge for development aid.”
The Money by Design project seeks to provide asset authentication for private, public, and social institutions while reducing the environmental impact of emerging blockchain technology. These efforts have now also attracted interest from French international banking group, BNP Paribas, which is now engaged in a preliminary collaboration, according to the statement.
To learn more about Money by Design, visit www.moneybydesign.io.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018