As concern builds over the regulatory status and responsibilities of initial coin offerings (ICOs), particularly in the US, the Praetorian Group has pre-emptively filed a USD 75 million ICO, backed by property rent income, with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
According to a post by IPO investment advisor, Renaissance Capital, the Praetorian Group, which calls itself a Cryptocurrency Real Estate Investment Vehicle (CREIV) – has filed what appears to be the first ICO to issue tokens with the SEC.
Praetorian’s website states the firm plans to offer 15 million /PAX tokens, which it claims are backed by real properties, unlike other cryptocurrencies. The token sale is currently in a private phase, pending SEC approval.
The company admits that PAX tokens may not constitute a security that needs to be registered with the SEC, but states that regulatory uncertainties led it to preemptively seek the SEC’s approval.Neither is Praetorian’s S-1 filing structured like a typical IPO document with the same level of disclosure.
At USD 5 per coin, 200 million PAX tokens give the company a market value of USD 1 billion at its proposed ICO price. The offering is not underwritten, and no investment banks, law firms or auditors are listed in the prospectus, Renaissance said.
According to Praetorian’s whitepaper, with the ICO proceeds, the company plans to purchase five to seven properties in New York each month, projecting a gross cap rate of 10-18 percent.
A year after the ICO takes place, Praetorian said it will introduce a /PAX debit and credit card, alongside a mobile payment app that can convert a user’s cryptocurrencies. Praetorian expects to go live with a working card and a million potential users by December 25, 2019, rising to five million users by January 2020, and at least 10 million by January 2021, according to a company statement.
Tokens will be sold only on the Praetorian website and can be purchased with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. The company said it anticipates the /PAX token will be traded on cryptocurrency secondary exchanges, including DEX, Binance, Bittrex, Liqui, Poloniex and Kraken.
- Canada: a Blockchain Testing Ground for Cannabis Cultivators - June 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Inks Deal with Mayo Clinic to Advance Health Tech - June 21, 2018
- TrustToken Raises $20 Million with Major VC Support - June 21, 2018
- Adents Adds Microsoft AI to NovaTrack Supply Platform - June 20, 2018
- AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million with Galaxy Ventures Funding - June 19, 2018
- Fractional Shares in Robinhood, Ripple and Didi Available From Swarm Fund - June 19, 2018
- WAVES Tokens Take a Ride on OKEX Exchange - June 18, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Parking Services Network Launches ICO - June 18, 2018
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert - June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain - June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas - June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO - June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million - June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot - June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test - June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI - June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction - June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing - June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing - June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot - June 7, 2018
- RecordFarm Token Lists on Coinbene - June 7, 2018
- Award-Winning Crypto Comedy: KevCoin the Movie Premieres June 28 - June 6, 2018
- SEC Appoints Crypto Securities Czar - June 6, 2018
- FundRequest Platform Rewards Open Source Software Fixes - June 5, 2018
- Cashaa Links to Populous Marketplace, Commences Token Redistribution - June 5, 2018
- Blockchain Expo Europe 2018 Rolls Into Amsterdam - June 4, 2018
- $300 Million Monster ICO Planned by Cables and Headphones Firm - June 4, 2018
- Swissport Explores Blockchain Potential for Airport Services - June 1, 2018
- Odyssey Lists on UpBit and Bitrex Ahead of OCpay System Launch - June 1, 2018
- Hey, Alexa… CREALOGIX Launches Banking Hub with Voice Recognition - May 31, 2018
- Pundi X Inks Deal with American Chamber of Commerce Korea - May 30, 2018
- Japan’s Gumi Games Founder Launches $30M Crypto Fund - May 30, 2018
- Peoplewave Lists HR Blockchain ICO on QUOINE Platform - May 29, 2018
- Five Cryptocurrencies Into One: Bitcoin Origin Launches Penta-Fork Multichain - May 28, 2018
- Singapore Regulator Blocks Unauthorised Security Token Trading - May 28, 2018
- Leading Loyalty Rewards Program Integrates Dash - May 28, 2018
- Seal Network Teams with Deloitte for EU Anti-Counterfeit Effort - May 28, 2018
- FunFair Launches Blockchain Casino Platform in Closed Beta - May 25, 2018
- On GDPR Day, a Blockchain Solution - May 25, 2018
- Ogilvy Hosts Rebranding Contest for Crypto Hopefuls in NYC - May 24, 2018
- MoneyToken Adds BCH, Brings Roger Ver and Mate Tokay on Board - May 24, 2018
- Japan’s Biggest Bank to Roll out Blockchain Payment System by 2020 - May 23, 2018
- Envion Legal Battle Is Latest Swiss Crypto Bust Up - May 22, 2018
- Kontakt.io Teams IoT Platform with IOTA’s Blockchain for Monitoring and Asset Tracking - May 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Launches MyClinic.com Telemedicine Platform - May 22, 2018
- Malta Picks Omnitude to Drive Blockchain Into Public Transport - May 21, 2018
- European Parliament Passes Resolution Supporting Blockchain Technology - May 21, 2018
- Leading Indian Banks Form Blockchain Trade Network with InfoSys - May 18, 2018
- Orbs Raises $118 Million to Fund Consumer Apps Blockchain Platform - May 18, 2018
- WordPress for Blockchain: Superblocks Launches with $1 Million in Funding - May 18, 2018