Leading Canadian blockchain company and the creator of Jaxx, Decentral Inc. announced on Thursday a new strategic alliance with blockchain law specialist, Gowling WLG with the aim of optimizing commercial and legal applications of the technology.
Decentral Inc. was founded by Anthony Diiorio, its CEO, who is also Ethereum’s Co-Founder. The company’s best known product is Jaxx, a multi-token interface and wallet. Gowling WLG is a multinational law firm with deep experience in the blockchain space, and a dedicated Blockchain & Smart Contract practice group. The firm is also a co-founding member of the Blockchain Research Institute.
“Decentral’s relationship with Gowling WLG spans a number of years, and we are delighted to form an alliance that enables us to work even closer together on a number of transformative blockchain industry initiatives,” said Diiorio, in a statement. “Canada is one of the leaders on the world stage for blockchain and cryptocurrency and I am confident Decentral’s strategic alliance with Gowling WLG will further cement the country’s place as an innovation hub.”
As part of the agreement, Decentral will help Gowling WLG develop its internal blockchain infrastructure and client-facing tools. In return, Gowling WLG will provide comprehensive legal guidance on Decentral’s current practices and ongoing projects.
“As Gowling WLG continues to assert itself as the Canadian legal industry’s blockchain torchbearer, our collaboration with Decentral will ensure our clients have access to the cutting-edge tools and forward-looking expertise needed to succeed in an increasingly competitive landscape,” said Usman Sheikh, Head of Gowling WLG’s Blockchain & Smart Contracts Group.
“This alliance demonstrates Canada’s leadership in the blockchain space — a winning combination of a world-class blockchain software team plus a best-of-breed legal team,” stated Decentral Inc. President Addison Cameron-Huff. “Together, Gowling WLG and Decentral will help to refine and architect the burgeoning Canadian blockchain industry, lifting the technology to new heights.”
To learn more about Decentral Inc, visit https://decentral.ca/
To learn more about Gowling WLG, visit https://gowlingwlg.com/en/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018