RealBlock, a US-based real estate blockchain enterprise aiming to streamline the property purchase closing process, announced, on Wednesday, further expansion of its Arizona network with the addition of Phoenix group, Landmark Title Assurance.
RealBlock, owned by Canadian developer of renewable energy and sustainable real estate projects, Greenbriar Capital, claims to be the first functional real estate blockchain enterprise, allowing faster, safer and cheaper transactions. The company is keen to take advantages of laws favorable to blockchain enterprise in Arizona, where, since March 2017, digital signatures on smart contracts are valid and legally enforceable. A week earlier, Greenbriar also brought Title Security of Arizona’s Tucson operation on board and that’s not the end of its expansion plans, according to RealBlock president Mike Boyd.
“The addition of Landmark Title means that the risk-removing, and time-saving attributes of RealBlock will now be used in over 25 offices in Maricopa and Pima County, [Greater Phoenix and Tucson] state’s two largest counties.” said Boyd. “Based on the feedback I’ve received from other escrow and title agencies, we expect many more to sign on with RealBlock.”
RealBlock believes its proprietary blockchain software will greatly reduce fraud, and decrease the costs associated with real estate transactions, from offer acceptance to closing. The company’s technical effort is being led by Professor Todd Taylor, the founder of the Blockchain Lab at Arizona State University.
In the past year, Title Security and Landmark Title Assurance were together responsible for nearly 20,000 real estate transactions, underwriting title insurance in excess of USD 3 billion, the release said.
There is undeniable potential for immense changes in the real estate sector, as a recent report published by Deloitte suggests. According to the study, Blockchain in Commercial Real Estate: The Future is Here, with landlords, sellers, buyers and intermediaries all having access to historical data, the transaction process will be significantly simplified and accelerated, with no more entering information in multiple places and multiple times.
Website Link: http://www.greenbriarcapitalcorp.com/
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018