BLOK Technologies, the Canadian blockchain investor and incubator, is raising CAD 3 million through a private placement, to finance further growth of its emerging blockchain technology investments.
The agreement, announced in a press release on Wednesday, is for Canaccord Genuity and Gravitas Securities to act as co-lead agents on a brokered private placement offering up to 10,000,000 units of the company at a price of CAD 0.30 per unit.
“We’re excited to be working with the accomplished team at Canaccord and Gravitas”, said BLOK Tech CEO Rob Dawson. “This financing will enable further growth and development of our blockchain technology investments, moving our business forward to the next phase.”
In addition to using the funds raised to develop its stable of investments, BLOK Tech said it would use the cash to act on strategic opportunities as well as for general working capital.
Investing in and developing emerging companies in the blockchain technology sector, BLOK Tech’s approach is to provide capital, technology and management expertise to the firms it develops. With core technology being developed for the leading cannabis supply chain integrity network, via its subsidiary Greenstream Technologies, BLOK Tech is growing its business into adjacent industries and emerging technologies, according to its statement.
Last week, the company announced a strategic investment in Silicon Valley software development platform, Fogchain, which gives BLOK Tech preferred access into emerging companies in that region.
For more information: http://www.blok-tech.com
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018