Developing accident prediction and prevention software for safer workspaces, Dutch startup Safeguard is joining innovation network Startupbootcamp Amsterdam ahead of a planned initial coin offering (ICO). The company announced, on Wednesday, that its objective is to develop an AI system that predicts accidents in the workplace.
Safeguard’s /SGT Token Sale aims to raise 30, 000 /ETH, according to their press release. It claims that its artificial intelligence-based system will be able to predict hazardous workplace incidents and injuries, based on internet of things technology and historical data. The company’s goal is to reduce workplace injuries and fatalities to a significant degree.
Safeguard cites a use-case example on a construction or building site, where the system would be able to apply live data relating to the weather, time of day, hardware, machinery, and other variables to determine whether or not a safety risk is posed and what the likelihood of an accident or injury is.
The company said it also plans to launch a Data Marketplace on the blockchain to enable businesses to securely and transparently share their safety-related data in exchange for /SGT, an ERC-20 based utility token.
The collaboration with Startupbootcamp means Safeguard gains access to a worldwide network of thousands of mentors and 140 plus corporate partners. These including PwC, Vodafone, Cisco, and HP. Safeguard said this will help its goals of developing not only a new marketplace for safety-relevant data, but also of building accident prevention software.
“As the network and knowledge of Startupbootcamp is well known all over the world. We believe that this support will be one of the key elements in driving the success of our Token Sale,” said Ingmar Vroege, Safeguard’s CEO, in a statement. “Not only does Startupbootcamp have great mentors that can help us, they’ve also got extensive knowledge of and experience with blockchain technology. By tapping into this vast pool of information and resources, Safeguard will be able to scale up at an even faster rate.”
For more information on Safeguard, please visit their website.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018