California-based Quantm Real Estate announced on Thursday the creation of the QuantmRE Network, a blockchain-based real estate marketplace designed to allow people to obtain equity in residential property.
According to Quantm Real Estate, the network will provide a platform for the issuance and trading of tokens backed by equity interests in single-family residences in the U.S.
This is accomplished by Quantm Real Estate buying equity from homeowners, and using that equity to back its tokens. This allows token holders to invest in the real estate market, and homeowners to obtain cash without increasing their debt by taking out a mortgage, according to the company.
“Having to borrow from a bank simply to access the wealth that you have built up in your home is deeply unsatisfactory,” said QuantmRE founder Matthew Sullivan, who previously worked for billionaire Richard Branson, and founded crowdventure.com. “Our ability to digitize the value of a homeowner’s equity and realize the locked-up value will solve a huge problem for homeowners worldwide. It’s time for people to be able to access more affordable homeownership options, flexibility, and less financial risk.”
QuantmRE stated that its investment tokens will be backed by an ever-expanding pool of real estate assets, making their investment token a viable option for people who want to be passive real estate investors and avoid having to deal with “tenants, toilets and trash.”
“The Quantm Real Estate team is democratizing real estate equity for homeowners by giving them a liquidity option other than debt, along with an on-ramp to cryptocurrency,” said QuantmRE advisor Tim Sanders.
QuantmRE stated that its real estate fund management team holds decades of experience and has syndicated over USD 500 million in commercial debt and fractional equity transactions in the past five years. Its other advisors include David Moss, the founder and CEO of TrueBlock.io, and Enzo Villani, the chairman of Millennium Blockchain.
For more information, visit http://quantm.one/
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018