Claiming to be the world’s first accredited school for decentralized technologies, Academy School of Blockchain announced, earlier this month, its acquisition of Bulgaria’s SoftUni, said to be Europe’s largest private school and a leading provider of IT developer education.
According to the company’s statement, Academy looks forward to aggressive growth over the next 12 to 18 months, as it continues to develop long-term strategic partnerships with governments, corporations and universities around the world.
“We have the curricula, proprietary learning systems and network to ensure longevity in the Ed-tech space. Our immersive blockchain curriculum gives the standardization and scalability needed for blockchain to succeed,” said John Souza, Academy founder and CEO, in a statement.
“Our Coding Academy program has an ongoing placement rate of 92 percent, putting us clearly on the top of every alternative learning program in existence today. Now we’re parlaying that success into tackling the top risk to the entire blockchain ecosystem, the lack of developers available to hire,” Souza said, adding that demand for Academy courses is already high.
The first combined on-site/online blockchain immersion course began last week in Sofia, Bulgaria at the SoftUni campus. According to a press release, over 600 candidates applied for the entrance exam, with 120 students accepted based on exam results. Thirty students are participating in live sessions, while 120 are completing the course via a proprietary digital learning management system.
Academy founders Souza and Jason King have also been closely involved with high-level discussions on the future of tech education, including participation at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, and subsequent talks in Washington D.C.
An ongoing theme has been the critical challenges posed by the speed of development in emerging fields and an “education lag” which could threaten the future of the blockchain industry.
“Education in the emerging technology space must be fully integrated with the rapidly changing needs of each sector,” Souza stated. “Blockchain is still an emerging field. We’re forging ahead through courses designed by pioneers in the industry. They know what the industry needs now and what it will need in the future. Without this kind of alignment, other programs will fail.”
Academy’s token sale runs until April 15, 2018. Its ACAD token will be a means of paying for immersive training programs, educational offerings, and to access online content.
For more information: http://www.academytoken.com
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018
- Loom’s Popular dApps Enable Ethereum Development at Scale - July 11, 2018
- Crypto Theft Surges in 2018. This Company Offers a Solution - July 11, 2018
- Token Gesture by SEC Director William Hinman - July 10, 2018
- Block.One Brings in Jefferies Asia Head to Lead EOS VC - July 9, 2018
- IBM Wins Billion Dollar Blockchain Contract in Australia - July 9, 2018
- Blockchain Banking Milestone: European Banks Complete First Live Trades on We.Trade Platform - July 5, 2018
- Tax Authorities Unite to Target Cryptocurrency Crime - July 5, 2018
- Globacap Raising Capital on Own Platform with UK FCA Backing - July 5, 2018
- Blockchain Close to Breakout Moment: Deloitte Survey - July 5, 2018
- Survey Finds Turkey is Europe’s Most Crypto-Friendly Nation - July 4, 2018
- Music Streamer Choon Starts Public Sale After Banking $2 Million - July 4, 2018
- Russian Military Sets Up Blockchain Research Lab - July 3, 2018
- TrustLogics Recruitment Platform Wins Stevie Award - July 3, 2018
- IP Gold Ditches Ethereum for NEM Blockchain - July 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Lead $12 Million Funding Round for StartUp Access Platform Republic - July 2, 2018
- Are Digital IDs the Start of a Blockchain-Based Service Economy for the Cayman Islands? - July 2, 2018
- QRL Launches Quantum Resistant Blockchain - June 29, 2018
- User Friendly Exchange Targets US Crypto Newbies - June 29, 2018
- Dash Doc Highlights Digital Currency Solution for Zimbabwe - June 28, 2018
- Virtual Twin Method Wins EU Anti Counterfeit Challenge - June 27, 2018
- Stanford University Takes Blockchain Leap - June 27, 2018
- Dutch Airport Adds Bitcoin ATM for Euro Exchange - June 26, 2018
- SharesPost Gets $15 Million to Expand Security Token Trading - June 25, 2018
- Eidoo Unveils Crypto Sculpture in London - June 25, 2018
- Canada: a Blockchain Testing Ground for Cannabis Cultivators - June 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Inks Deal with Mayo Clinic to Advance Health Tech - June 21, 2018
- TrustToken Raises $20 Million with Major VC Support - June 21, 2018
- Adents Adds Microsoft AI to NovaTrack Supply Platform - June 20, 2018
- AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million with Galaxy Ventures Funding - June 19, 2018
- Fractional Shares in Robinhood, Ripple and Didi Available From Swarm Fund - June 19, 2018
- WAVES Tokens Take a Ride on OKEX Exchange - June 18, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Parking Services Network Launches ICO - June 18, 2018
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert - June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain - June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas - June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO - June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million - June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot - June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test - June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI - June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction - June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing - June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing - June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot - June 7, 2018