London-based startup Verv, which aims to reduce energy costs and provide easier access to green alternatives, announced on Tuesday the launch of a presale for its initial token offering (ITO) which will be open to select investors. The presale will be followed by a crowdsale launching May 18.
Verv is developing the UK’s first blockchain-based, peer-to-peer (P2P), energy trading community. Using deep learning algorithms, the system creates a user profile for each home’s unique energy consumption profile alongside other advancements that significantly optimize the system for the lowest possible cost to consumers.
Founder and CEO of Verv Peter Davies said, in a statement, “We’re adding another layer of intelligence to energy trading using AI and Machine Learning technology. With a focus on reducing the electricity bills of lower-income households, in particular, our aim is to facilitate an energy system where cheaper, greener energy is readily available. We’re creating VLUX tokens so they can be used to access the trading system and secure trades, allowing us to take our platform to the next functional level.”
The Verv system will also account for data points, like satellite-analyzed cloud cover data and battery storage capacity, to help provide renewable energy for users who would otherwise not have access. Verv is currently being tested in collaboration with Repowering London and the UK’s Office of Gas and Electricity Markets’ blockchain research division, according to the statement.
“We’re on a mission to pioneer a movement towards a low carbon economy where affordable energy is the norm,” stated Davis. “The VLUX token is a link we need in order to provide consumers with a fully integrated, cross-border, P2P energy trading solution.”
The Verv ITO will aim to raise GBP 25 million (approximately USD 35 million) – funds raised will support further development of the energy trading platform, as well as customer education about renewable and blockchain technologies.
To learn more about Verv, visit vlux.io.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018