Slovenian-based Blocksquare announced last week that it’s holding a crowdsale starting April 18 to raise funds for its Ethereum-based real estate platform.
Blocksquare stated that its tokens will be backed by commercial properties, allowing token-holders to have fractional equity in the real estate market.
Blocksquare’s platform will also allow real estate brokers to market their properties to hundreds of potential investors, the company touted.
“With Blocksquare’s tokenization model, brokerages can sell a property to 100 buyers rather than just one, which enables deeper markets and improves liquidity,” said Blocksquare CEO Denis Petrovcic, in a statement. “Blocksquare gives the everyday internet user with savings in their bank account the option to hold stakes in multiple properties – minimizing the risks associated with real estate ventures and paving the way for a new real estate market powered by blockchain.”
Blocksquare also boasted that its network allows anyone to easily and freely trade tokenized assets without being bound to long-term liabilities, making real estate suitable for the needs of a new wave of cryptocurrency backers.
To ensure trust in its product, Blocksquare stated that it has a proof-of-title protocol in place to link smart contracts to the underlying real estate property.
Each real estate property in the network is represented by a single “PropToken” smart contract to define rules and regulations for that specific property, the company explained. The proof-of-title protocol checks data in the registry and what’s defined in the smart contract to ensure everything stays the same. If there’s a change, like a transfer in ownership, the user will be notified of the change.
The company added that the PropToken smart contracts are granted in exchange for “Blocksquare tokens,” which go on sale on April 18.
To learn more about how to contribute to Blocksquare during its public crowdsale and join the whitelist, visit https://dashboard.blocksquare.io/register.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018