Enhanced by augmented reality (AR) and developed as a blockchain-based alternative to the popular boardgame Monopoly, by Swiss startup Dotcom Ventures, Worldopoly launches the private presale for its token, /WPT, on April, 2, 2018. With /WPT, users will be able to purchase the streets and buildings around them, by participating in a multi-player strategy game that implements artificial intelligence, geolocation, as well as blockchain, allowing entry into a world of building simulation and real estate, underpinned by Google Maps.
To generate revenue, users can buy streets and build houses throughout the world, invest more or put their stock up for auction. The buildings and surroundings are brought to life in real-time with the help of AR and players can team up to finance large-scale projects, just like in the real world.
In addition to /WPT, the game includes two other non-monetized tokens, Worldopoly Coins and Building Resource, giving users the opportunity to learn about cryptocurrencies in a fun, risk-free environment, according to a company statement.
“Our aim was to create a fun, interactive game that allows people to learn how cryptocurrencies work in a safe environment but also with the option to invest real money — it’s an interesting and rewarding investment opportunity,” says Felix Weinstein, Chief Operating Officer at Worldopoly, in a statement.
By giving users the option to learn about digital currencies and to invest real money in WPT, Dotcom Ventures aims to bridge what it percieves as a knowledge gap between peoples’ increased interest in cryptocurrencies and what they actually know, while enabling a digital economy through easy peer-to-peer transactions.
Within Worldopoly’s virtual universe, things get really interesting when real estate prices are affected by varying political and economic situations. So if a mob of gangsters, for example, throw Molotov cocktails at a building, prices would likely depreciate or fluctuate, according to the statement.
The private presale for /WPT closes on March 30, ahead of the planned public presale, according to the company’s website. Minimum participation in the private presale is the equivalent of 25 /ETH, but smaller amounts can be invested in the public version.
For more information visit www.worldopoly.io/ico
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018