Founded by the non-profit Lemo Foundation, Singapore-based startup Lemochain commences its initial coin offering (ICO) today. Funds raised will support the further development of LemoChain, which is aiming to enable businesses to develop their own data marketplaces using blockchain technology and smart contracts.
According to the firm’s statement, investors who participate in the LemoChain ICO will be given access to a software development kit and an advanced programming interface where they can structure, sell, and buy data that has been verified by the company and smart contract technology. Lemochain expects their ‘Smart Contract Value Transfer Protocol’ to enable P2P and B2B data exchange across a range of applications in industries including gaming, social networking, education, finance, and recruitment. The Lemo Foundation has already developed relationships with the China Education Innovation Alliance, Hui Saas, and other companies in China and the U.S, according to the company’s statement.
CEO and Co-Founder of LemoChain Andrew Ma stated, “Many existing smart-contract platforms have struggled to connect with real business logic due to the technological distance from everyday business. LemoChain is the company that’s going to change that. We are creating a universal online data transfer protocol that can be trusted.”
The company will offer 200 million LEMO tokens at a price of 1 ETH for 9,000 LEMO tokens, in an ICO with a total value of USD 9 million., according to the statement.
“We will be the first company to connect blockchain and smart-contract technology to businesses in a meaningful way,” stated Ma. “Every business needs new tools to grow faster, and data is the most valuable tool of all. Because of our platform, businesses will be able to fully trust the data they buy. Our decentralized infrastructure means transactions can be done with smart contracts that are impossible to cheat.”
To learn more about LemoChain and the Lemo Foundation, visit http://www.lemochain.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018