Virtual Reality (VR) games and entertainment platform Terra Virtua on Thursday debuted its platform in London, with a presentation of the games and publishers that will support the public launch of its Netflix-style subscription service.
At a showcase event held at the headquarters of the British Academy for Film & Television Arts (BAFTA ) in London’s Piccadilly Circus, Terra Virtua switched on the platform for public play for the first time, showcasing some of the latest VR-based games and other augmented reality (AR) experiences that users can choose from.
Terra Virtua recently announced its plans for an ICO of TERRA tokens /TVT to underpin its blockchain-based economy, due to launch in April. The tokens will allow the buying and selling of games, add-ons, events and services, stated the company. Dedicated zones within Terra Virtua can also be purchased using /TVT in order to host content. Creators are paid in /TVT for the use of their content, with all consumption recorded transparently on the blockchain, allowing for faster settlement and payment.
“With Terra Virtua, we are revolutionizing both the gaming and entertainment experience as well as democratizing and simplifying the basis of a global in-platform economy,” said Peter Bergstrom, Chief Strategy Officer and co-founder of Terra Virtua in the statement. “The TVT token economy, for which we have commenced presale, offers content creators a simple, fast and global means by which they can be compensated for their work.
Similar to video streaming services, users pay a flat monthly fee for access to the library of VR content which, the company stated, will be constantly updated. Users will also have access to pay-per-view special events, including sports and concerts. A companion AR app connects to Terra Virtua when users are on the move, allowing users to chat and collaborate via their smartphones.
Terra Virtua said its launch marks the coming of age of VR, because while headset technology has moved on at considerable pace, access to compelling content has failed to keep up.
“Today’s launch of the Terra Virtua platform is unique in a number of ways – from our ground-breaking use of VR and AR technology to create a fully-immersive and easy to navigate platform, to our subscription library approach to content,” said Gary Bracey, CEO and co-founder, in a statement. “Users of the platform will benefit from extensive choice and flexibility in how and when they enjoy entertainment from games to events and experiences.”
The Terra Virtua team draws on expertise from video games industry veterans and blockchain experts, including Kish Hirani, former Head of Developer services for Sony PlayStation & PlayStation VR, games industry veteran Doug Dyer and Keith Ramsdale, a former executive at Electronic Arts.
Content providers partnering with Terra Virtua include games publishers Epic Games, Cooperative Innovations and VR specialists MakeReal.
For more information visit: http://terravirtua.io/
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018
- Loom’s Popular dApps Enable Ethereum Development at Scale - July 11, 2018
- Crypto Theft Surges in 2018. This Company Offers a Solution - July 11, 2018
- Token Gesture by SEC Director William Hinman - July 10, 2018
- Block.One Brings in Jefferies Asia Head to Lead EOS VC - July 9, 2018
- IBM Wins Billion Dollar Blockchain Contract in Australia - July 9, 2018
- Blockchain Banking Milestone: European Banks Complete First Live Trades on We.Trade Platform - July 5, 2018
- Tax Authorities Unite to Target Cryptocurrency Crime - July 5, 2018
- Globacap Raising Capital on Own Platform with UK FCA Backing - July 5, 2018
- Blockchain Close to Breakout Moment: Deloitte Survey - July 5, 2018
- Survey Finds Turkey is Europe’s Most Crypto-Friendly Nation - July 4, 2018
- Music Streamer Choon Starts Public Sale After Banking $2 Million - July 4, 2018
- Russian Military Sets Up Blockchain Research Lab - July 3, 2018
- TrustLogics Recruitment Platform Wins Stevie Award - July 3, 2018
- IP Gold Ditches Ethereum for NEM Blockchain - July 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Lead $12 Million Funding Round for StartUp Access Platform Republic - July 2, 2018
- Are Digital IDs the Start of a Blockchain-Based Service Economy for the Cayman Islands? - July 2, 2018
- QRL Launches Quantum Resistant Blockchain - June 29, 2018
- User Friendly Exchange Targets US Crypto Newbies - June 29, 2018
- Dash Doc Highlights Digital Currency Solution for Zimbabwe - June 28, 2018
- Virtual Twin Method Wins EU Anti Counterfeit Challenge - June 27, 2018
- Stanford University Takes Blockchain Leap - June 27, 2018
- Dutch Airport Adds Bitcoin ATM for Euro Exchange - June 26, 2018
- SharesPost Gets $15 Million to Expand Security Token Trading - June 25, 2018
- Eidoo Unveils Crypto Sculpture in London - June 25, 2018
- Canada: a Blockchain Testing Ground for Cannabis Cultivators - June 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Inks Deal with Mayo Clinic to Advance Health Tech - June 21, 2018
- TrustToken Raises $20 Million with Major VC Support - June 21, 2018
- Adents Adds Microsoft AI to NovaTrack Supply Platform - June 20, 2018
- AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million with Galaxy Ventures Funding - June 19, 2018
- Fractional Shares in Robinhood, Ripple and Didi Available From Swarm Fund - June 19, 2018
- WAVES Tokens Take a Ride on OKEX Exchange - June 18, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Parking Services Network Launches ICO - June 18, 2018
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert - June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain - June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas - June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO - June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million - June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot - June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test - June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI - June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction - June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing - June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing - June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot - June 7, 2018