NowNews Digital Media Technology (NDMT) (OTCQB:NDMT), a media company that provides news and multimedia platform services, has announced that its majority-owned subsidiary, NOWnews is partnering with Grace Intelligent Blockchain Technology to build blockchain based media platform. NOWnews is the largest online, self-produced news content provider for Taiwan and the only Taiwanese online news website fully accessible in Mainland China.
NOWnews plans to build a new decentralized blockchain-based media platform for users who can choose from four roles: author, reviewer, reader, and storage provider.
“Caring for the young generation, public welfare and the truth in media have always been one of our biggest focuses. Using blockchain technology as a tool can help us better achieve this goal,” says Shang-Hong Lin, executive director of NOWnews, in a statement. “We believe the blockchain based platform will ultimately reform the traditional media industry.”
NDMT is a US-listed media holding company focusing on the global Chinese market. The company’s holdings in the media space include digital media, movie production and distribution, and music copyright. The digital media business engages in creating, collecting and distributing news and information through its website and applications on mobile phones or tablets.
NDMT’s subsidiary NOWnews is a movie production and distribution business engaging in production, foreign movie import, marketing and advertising.
NOWnews website (in Chinese): https://www.nownews.com
For more information: http://ndmt.nownews.com
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018