Following in the footsteps of 2017’s Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold, FOX BTC announced on Tuesday the upcoming launch of its own Bitcoin fork. FOX BTC plans to use a hybrid Proof of Stake (PoS) and Proof of Work (PoW) algorithm with a six percent staking incentive and is designed to allow users to capture every Bitcoin fork and Airdrop for the next 12 months. The FOX BTC team has identified at least 25 planned Bitcoin forks for 2018.
Bitcoin forks have seen success in the past, with Bitcoin Cash achieving an all-time high of USD 3,900 and a market cap of over USD 65 billion. It remains a rival to Bitcoin in the scaling debate, experiencing major swings when transaction become clogged or fees rise too high. Bitcoin Gold also emerged as an effort to decentralize Bitcoin further, enabling GPU mining and reaching an all-time high of USD 490 and a market cap of nearly USD 6 billion.
In a statement, the FOX BTC team explained the value of Bitcoin forks, “The decentralization of bitcoin enables anyone to change its protocol and technical specifics such as mechanism, block size, block interval, mining incentives etc. 2017 was the year of the first major bitcoin forks. With a number of other forks which occurred in 2017 and more so coming up this year, having access to every airdrop would enable users to reap the full value of Bitcoin and its decentralized character. [FOX BTC] enables users to do just that.”
FOX BTC will have a supply of 28 million coins, of which 5.5 million will be held in the PoS mechanism and five million will be airdropped, the company stated. Blocks will be 10mb in size and GPU mining will be enabled for maximum distribution.
To learn more about FOX BTC, visit https://www.foxbtc.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018