MoneyTrac Technology, a subsidiary of Global Payouts Inc., today launched its blockchain-based banking solution, MTRAC. MTRAC will provide a full-service banking solution powered by GreenBox blockchain technology, targetting the unbanked and, in particular, the legal cannabis industry in California and other states that have recently legalized recreational use of the substance.
MTRAC CEO Vanessa Luna said, in a statement, “The goal of MTRAC, from the beginning, has been to leverage the different technologies available to us to remove the use of cash as the primary form of payment throughout the cannabis industry. While other companies have struggled to find supportive financial solutions, MTRAC opted to take a different approach and one that has relied heavily on the use of blockchain technology to address this problem for a massive and growing industry. I am extremely excited to see MTRAC, our payment solution, officially launch next week. Once this happens, I am confident that every dispensary desiring legitimacy and transparency will jump on board and provide us with a number of new clients to serve.”
Many dispensaries and other members of the emerging legal cannabis supply chain have been unable to receive traditional banking services due to the legal uncertainty created by differences in state and federal law. Where the former has legalized the sale and use of cannabis, the latter still treats the drug as dangerous and illegal to sell or transport across the United States, according to the company’s statement.
Despite many potentially lucrative clients seeking banking and other financial services, fear of regulatory action for allegedly facilitating illegal activities has kept US banks on the sidelines in this rapidly growing industry, said the company. Greenbox blockchain technology offers to fill this void, in addition to creating an immutable ledger of sales and transactions and helping to reduce fraud and theft in an industry that would benefit from additional supply chain monitoring and a reliable cashless method of processing payments and remittances.
To learn more about Global Payouts, visit http://www.globalpayout.com/.
To learn more about GreenBox POS, visit https://www.greenboxpos.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018