Consumer electronics developer SIRIN LABS has teamed up with Foxconn International Holding (FIH) Mobile, a subsidiary of leading electronics manufacturer Foxconn, to manufacture its debut product: FINNEY, the world’s first blockchain-based smartphone. Announced on Wednesday, the partnership will see FIH Mobile lead the design and manufacture of the FINNEY smartphone hardware, while SIRIN LABS will focus on development of the integrated cold storage wallet hardware and SIRIN OS.
Foxconn is a well-known manufacturer of consumer electronics, shipped to western countries and all around the world. It manufactures finished goods or components in massive volume for companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Dell, Toshiba, Cisco, and more. The Taiwanese company is the world’s largest contract manufacturer and the fourth largest IT company by revenue. It manufactures an estimated 40 percent of consumer electronics worldwide.
At the end of last year, SIRIN LABS closed a successful initial coin offering (ICO), reported to be fourth largest of all time, and collected nearly USD 159 million, with the goal of developing the FINNEY family of consumer electronics, including the upcoming ultra-secure smartphone as well as an all-in-one desktop PC. The company also states that all FINNEY devices are designed with built-in cryptocurrency wallets and automatic token conversions for use with different decentralized applications, vastly simplifying the user experience in which current users must collect, convert, and store their tokens manually and often on devices distinct from those running their respective decentralized applications (DApps).
Moshe Hogeg, Co-CEO, SIRIN LABS said, in a statement, “Bringing the first blockchain-based smartphone to market obligates us to partner with the very best in the market. FIH Mobile – the gold-standard in smartphone manufacturing – was ultimately the clear and natural partner for us.”
The FINNEY smartphone has a target price of USD 999 and is slated to include a 5.5 inch display, 64GB of internal storage, 6GB of RAM, a 12MP main camera and a 13MP front-facing selfie camera. Cold wallet features will also require a three-factor authentication process to access – biometric, pattern lock, and behavioral analysis to provide maximum security.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018