The UK’s most unconventional royal wedding to date, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s marriage next month now has its own cryptocurrency. The Royal Coin (/ROYL) was launched on Monday in conjunction with underwriter ICO Rocket.
The British Monarchist Society and Foundation has approved the coin, which is Issued as a gift to the couple in celebration of their wedding on May 19, 2018, the proceeds of the Royal Coin tokensale will go to Harry and Meghan’s favourite charities.
The launch of coincides with token issuer ICO Rocket’s own coin: the ICO Rocket Due Diligence Coin (/ROCKET) and investors who purchase /ROCKET in the pre-sale or ICO (initial coin offering) are promised airdropped tokens from a new ICO Rocket-managed ICO each month, the company states. ROYL will be one of the first coins offered through this model.
“The Royal Coin is the first ever of its kind. It not only celebrates a marriage but also channels cryptocurrency toward three noble causes,” said founder of the ICO Rocket, Shahar Namer, in a statement. “As exclusive advisors to the coin, we are delighted for its launch.”
The statement adds that proceeds from the Royal Coin ICO will be divided among three charities: Sentebale, the Invictus Games, and the Royal Foundation, which have been approved by Kensington Palace. The process will be managed by UK publication Crown and Country Magazine, which covers the British Monarchy from a historical and modern perspective.
The total supply of ROYL is 50 million and the crowdsale concludes May 31, 2018, according to the press release. The token will appear on public exchanges from June 1 and is valued at 500 /ROYL to 1 /ETH.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018