Decentralized healthcare blockchain platform MintHealth announced on Thursday a tokenized equity offering to raise up to USD 24 million with its /MHST security token, alongside the appointment of healthcare executive and entrepreneur, Tyson McDowell as Chief Technology Officer.
MintHealth recently announced its funding strategy would involve issuing both a security and a utility token, with the /MHST token coming alongside its Vidamint /VIDA utility reward. Vidamint or /VIDA tokens will be used to provide revenue for the users of the MintHealth platform and engage them with personalized activities to improve healthcare and lower insurance costs, stated the company. /MHST tokens will entitle holders to revenue from the sale of /VIDA and equity ownership in MintHealth.
“We are working toward securing financing to propel MintHealth into the next phase of growth, said Samir Damani, CEO and co-founder of MintHealth, in a statement. “We are seeing strong early interest from investors based on the significant progress that has been made on bolstering the leadership and advisory teams, as well as lining up initial pilot partners. The interest in our platform-as-a-service model is a testament to the large unmet need in healthcare around decentralized solutions for moving health data combined with token incentives to drive meaningful behavior change and improved clinical outcomes at lower costs.”
According to a statement from the company, the Regulation D fundraising is open only to international and accredited US investors.
Commenting on the appointment of Tyson McDowell as Chief Technology Officer, Damani said: “Tyson’s combination of technical expertise, leadership experience, and an entrepreneurial approach make him a strong addition to our executive team. His previous work in optimizing processes within the US healthcare system and working with every stakeholder in the value chain will be invaluable to MintHealth.”
McDowell has a background in healthcare IT, enterprise-class, web-based systems and consumer engagement technologies, according to the statement. He will be responsible for driving all aspects of MintHealth’s technology vision and product development.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018