The team behind Iris.ai, an artificial intelligence tool that enables researchers to find helpful scientific studies, on Monday launched a community-governed artificial intelligence (AI) engine, Project Aiur, to further the reach of scientific knowledge around the globe.
Blockchain-enabled, Project Aiur is intended to facilitate a community-monitored engine and allow users to access and contribute to a validated repository of scientific research, the company said in a statement. The engine is referred to as a “Knowledge Validation Engine” (KVE), and users are expected to submit research and have it verified against all other research available on the topic worldwide.
“Aiur aims to be part of bringing radical change to a highly lucrative, oligopolistic scientific publishing industry that has led to a dysfunctional incentive model,” a statement said.
One motive for the launch is to broaden the accessibility of research and deconstruct roadblocks—the often costly fees to access such studies, for example—to information that the company says is “hampering global progress.”
“Research professionals are pressured to deliver, publish and review on tight deadlines, creating perverse incentives to exaggerate facts and omit assumptions and constraints,” a statement said.
Project Aiur also plans to bring researchers, coders, and anyone interested in science into its ecosystem to address what the company calls the “numerous problems damaging the scientific research community.”
The AIUR token enables membership, voting rights and access to the KVE and other tools developed on top of the community’s software, and will be available in an initial coin offering, expected to launch in late May 2018, a statement said. Seventy-five percent of the funds will be allocated to the community itself.
The AIUR token sale will target approximately USD 12.38 million, with a minimum for completion of 60 percent and a hard cap of 500 percent. Iris.ai’s founders will not receive any direct compensation, a statement said.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018