DAV, the blockchain startup building a decentralized network for self-driving vehicles, announced on Tuesday that it has successfully secured a substantial investment from South Korean-based Block Crafters Capital.
The investment firm carefully selects blockchain projects to provide comprehensive support, with the most recent previous investment ICON token sale, made in September 2017, raising USD 45 million.
South Korea is emerging as a world leader in the autonomous vehicle industry, enhanced by the 88-acre K-City testing facility where real-world obstacles like suburban streets, bus lanes, freeways and parking areas are simulated for self-driving safety and development.
Partner at Block Crafters Capital Joony Koo said, in a statement, “We believe that the DAV Foundation has a clear vision about how blockchain tech can be a backbone to all vehicles in the future. Adding DAV to our portfolio shows our capabilities for introducing foreign-born blockchain projects to the market. We believe that all blockchain and coin economies need a global perspective. Autonomous vehicle technology is a major field of investment in South Korea. It attracts significant support from the government as well as the global vehicle manufacturers which are headquartered in Korea. DAV’s technology has the promise to be a key part of the revolution in transport and logistics.”
CEO and founder of the DAV Foundation Noam Copel said, “For us, South Korea is an extremely valuable market. Its automotive industry is at the cutting edge of autonomous vehicle technology with multiple proof of concept programs in progress. On top of this, the country has embraced blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Therefore to have the support from a major cryptocurrency fund in South Korea is extremely exciting ahead of our public token sale. This substantial investment is an important step in our funding round that will enable us to realize our goal of creating a blockchain-based transportation platform. I look forward to working with our investors in the coming months as we bring the DAV network to the world.”
DAV will launch their token crowdsale on April 30. The presale is currently live.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018