Popular Ethereum wallet provider MEW and decentralized exchange platform Kyber Network have launched a new token swap service to allow Ether holders to instantly exchange their /ETH for /ERC20 tokens.
According to a press release last week, /ETH holders will be able to convert their digital assets into any one of twenty varieties of ERC20 token, including KNC, EOS, OMG (OmiseGo) and stable coin DAI, without the need for a minimum deposit or registration. The swap function will be integrated into MEW wallets so that exchanged tokens will be available instantly.
MEW and Kyber Network said they aim to advance digital asset conversion by making the process as secure, efficient and transparent as possible. “This exciting collaboration is founded on a shared goal of protecting the privacy of our users, while making the cryptocurrency trading experience fluid and enjoyable,” said Kosala Hemachandra, founder of MEW in the statement.
“People around the globe know and trust the MEW brand, whether they are using the platform to set up wallets, or to send and receive money from other users. This major partnership with MEW affirms our commitment to every individual who holds cryptocurrency and cryptotokens to keep delivering the seamless and secure token swap experience they have come to expect from Kyber Network,” stated Loi Luu, founder and CEO of Kyber Network.
The statement highlighted the security and privacy issues surrounding centralised exchanges, which conduct billions of trades per day, collecting personal user data and storing most of their users’ funds on their servers, which are vulnerable to hacks.
In fact, MEW was hit by a DNS attack that drained some users’ accounts on the same day as its announcement.
The two companies said they do not request or store any user data; giving users complete control over their assets, with all transactions and exchanges processed on an open source, decentralised blockchain platform.
“We refuse to collect user data as we want to honour the principles of blockchain technology, of which privacy is paramount” said Hemachandra.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018