Coinsource, a Bitcoin ATM network, announced April 18 a partnership with Acuant, a multi-factor know-your-customer (KYC) and anti-money-laundering (AML) authenticator, to mitigate fraud at Coinsource Bitcoin ATM machines worldwide.
Acuant will now authenticate IDs and passports by applying at least 50 forensic and biometric tests, and using an industry document library, AssureID, powered by human-assisted machine learning for accuracy, the company stated.
AssureID is intended to eliminate manual errors, speed up the document inspection process and significantly reduce employee training.
“It’s our responsibility, as a company, to ensure that we are continuously looking at ways to prevent fraud and money laundering by any means in this nascent industry where there are many bad actors looking to take advantage of the possibilities of cryptocurrencies,” said CEO of Coinsource Sheffield Clark, in a statement. “Acuant has a track record of preventing these sorts of instances for a number of start-ups, Fortune 500, and FTSE 350 organizations, and we couldn’t feel better about partnering with them to ensure our KYC/AML capabilities remain the envy of Bitcoin ATM networks globally.”
Users interested in using Coinsource must take a photograph of a valid driver’s license, identification card, passport, or any government-issued document and a selfie image.
All information submitted is matched against Acuant and AssureID to determine the authenticity of the documents provided and verify the identity of the person presenting the ID card.
“We have worked with a wide gamut of companies looking for customer protection,” said Yossi Zekri, CEO of Acuant, in a statement. “Cryptocurrency exchanges and Bitcoin ATMs are the next natural progression since much of the world is completing overseas transactions and remittance payments on the blockchain. Our main goal is to protect our customers in a way that’s user-friendly and effective, and that’s one of the reasons we decided to partner with Coinsource.”
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018