According to an April 25 press release from Blockstack, The Blockstack Signature Fund and ShapeShift teams will award USD 50,000 to the individual or teams with the best open source wallet app, using Blockstack for Authentication, Storage and Encryption, and with ShapeShift’s API for Token Exchange.
The ideal wallet will come with support for any user’s native tokens out of the box, including tokens yet to be created, Blockstack said. The wallet should also be simple to use, so a user can have all tokens supported without having to go back and forth between different wallets or services.
Blockstack launched its bounty program last fall to encourage developers to build decentralized applications based on the needs of its community. The bounties are run like contests, where teams from all over the world submit projects and a set of judges determine which product wins the prize. In the past, the company has led a bounty competition to build an encrypted token portfolio app, using Blockstack’s authentication and storage libraries.
Blockstack said that ShapeShift was its ideal partner for a bounty aimed at drastically lowering the barriers for users to hold, exchange and add new tokens.
The bounty period began on April 25 and runs until midnight on June 25. Registration information can be seen here.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018