The Netherlands has announced its first National Blockchain Agenda, which will deliver several millions of euros for scientific research into the technology.
According to a press release Tuesday, the agenda was drawn up in partnership between government, knowledge institutions and the business community.
Presented to Rob van Gijzel, ambassador of the Dutch Blockchain Coalition, the agenda includes all areas relevant to further development of the blockchain, including technology, legal issues, economic impact and ethics. Both fundamental and applied research questions were incorporated. Multiple organizations will shape the agenda, through which several million euros will eventually become available for scientific research, according to the statement.
It is intended that relevant parties in The Netherlands, including applied science colleges, universities and other institutions, will use the document to further their own research activities. It will also serve as a source of inspiration for anyone conducting blockchain research, from individual students to government programs, the release stated. The agenda is also seen as an important part of the Dutch contribution to European planning and work programs regarding blockchain R&D.
Prof J.C. van de Pol, of the University of Twente, who chaired the advisory committee, stated: “This research agenda for blockchain is unique in taking its starting point in responsible science and aims at designing a technology for society, based on shared public values. The overarching concerns – trust, sustainability, governance – lead to a wide variety of research questions, which are now put on the agenda in a single coherent vision.”
The agenda was commissioned by TopTeamICT, which leads several national economic initiatives and was created by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy. TopTeamICT operates under the label dutch digital delta and aims to maximize the opportunities afforded by digitization.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018