Ubiatar, a startup which lets people create human avatars, on Wednesday launched its blockchain-powered platform UbiatarPlay and an initial coin offering (ICO) of its Ubiatarcoins (/UAC).
According to a press release from the company, the Ubiatar platform empowers people to travel without physically being present via a sophisticated combination of live video, cloud computing and an advanced graphical user interface (GUI).
The company intends to use /UAC tokens to support the exchange of value between peers worldwide. Coins can be bought on the market so home users and advertisers can pay avatars in the field to act on their behalf, supported with regular exchange platforms and weekly replenishing of a working buffer of at least 200,000 /UAC.
The release states Ubiatar provides a viable solution to having the power of ubiquity, or instant transfer to any place at any time, using modern mobile technologies over a high-performance cloud network.
The system requires an individual (acting as the avatar) to hold a smartphone, ensuring that everything they see and hear is sent over the network to the person at home, who directs the avatar, acting as a remote body. Directions are given via a patented GUI superimposed over a live video stream.
According to Ubiatar, the platform works in any situation where people are unable to attend or interact, allowing them to be omnipresent.
The ICO, hosted on Eidoo’s ICO Engine, will last for one month. It offers 15 million Ubiatarcoins /UAC at a projected price of USD2 per coin. The company said funds raised will be invested into worldwide marketing and growth, which will put UbiatarPlay at the forefront of the telepresence sector.
See a link to UbiatarPlay’s whitepaper here.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018