Venture Capital investment blockchain platform EQUI Capital, co-founded by UK lingerie entrepreneur Baroness Michelle Mone, is extending its initial coin offering (ICO), with a public presale starting next week, having earlier this year rapidly raised USD 7 million.
According to a statement released on Thursday, the ICO has now been extended until June 30, with a public pre-sale launching on May 15 and a public crowdsale starting on June 1.
EQUI Capital said the re-launch of the ICO comes after the acquisition of new partnerships and advisors to expand the platform to accommodate not only technology startups, but further additional asset classes, likely to include real estate development and biotech. The company’s MVP (Minimum Viable Product) is slated for beta release this month.
The EQUI Platform leverages blockchain technology to enable cryptocurrency investors to dip their toes into investment projects such as technology firms, real estate projects, and other opportunities that have previously been the exclusive domain of high net-worth individuals and venture capitalists, the company said.
The platform’s native fiat-backed currency EQUIVest is pegged to the US Dollar on a 1:1 ratio, stated the company.
The venture has further partnered with leading capital raising agency CoinFabric to assist with the ICO roll-out.
Lady Michelle Mone, Baroness of Mayfair, OBE, said in the statement: “Over the past 20 years I have had the privilege of working with many entrepreneurs, investors and projects. This has given me the insight to identify truly unique, exciting and globally relevant projects that have the potential to impact industry. Having recently ventured into the world of cryptocurrency, my eyes have been opened even further, hence the launch of EQUI, which I really do believe is set to drastically shift the investment landscape.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018