Orbs, focused on large-scale consumer blockchain applications with mass market appeal and functionality, has raised over USD 118 million to fund the development and launch of its platform.
According to a press release Tuesday, the company made the funding announcement at Consensus, stating that an alpha launch of its platform for early design partners will take place in June, allowing them to start mirroring traffic and testing.
Orbs says it’s working towards its goal, to commoditize blockchain infrastructure for large-scale consumer applications, by building a fully decentralized public platform that makes the transition easier for the industry as a whole.
The company said the platform features well-established infrastructure solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and familiar terminology like Service Level Agreements (SLA), together with other dedicated resources.
Orbs was founded by entrepreneurs Tal Kol, Uriel Peled and Daniel Peled, who all have significant experience building consumer applications including successful acquisitions to Alibaba and Wix.com, according to a statement.
Among the early adopters of the network are Orbs’ initial design partners, including chat app, Kik; AdTech giant, Zinc designed with ironSource; business intelligence platform, Endor and payment platforms, PumaPay and Zooz.
“The positive reception of our project is a sign of the confidence our partners have in Orbs, and the demand for a specialized blockchain which can transform the consumer applications marketplace,” said Uriel Peled, co-founder of Orbs, in a statement. “The consumer applications marketplace is ripe for disruption. Orbs has the unique background and insights to design a blockchain for the specific needs of large consumer application developers.”
Orbs has recently released a position paper outlining its technology and strategy and a white paper for their own consensus algorithm, which outlines its focus on technological solutions needed for the consumer application market’s unique challenges.
- Canada: a Blockchain Testing Ground for Cannabis Cultivators - June 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Inks Deal with Mayo Clinic to Advance Health Tech - June 21, 2018
- TrustToken Raises $20 Million with Major VC Support - June 21, 2018
- Adents Adds Microsoft AI to NovaTrack Supply Platform - June 20, 2018
- AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million with Galaxy Ventures Funding - June 19, 2018
- Fractional Shares in Robinhood, Ripple and Didi Available From Swarm Fund - June 19, 2018
- WAVES Tokens Take a Ride on OKEX Exchange - June 18, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Parking Services Network Launches ICO - June 18, 2018
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert - June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain - June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas - June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO - June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million - June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot - June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test - June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI - June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction - June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing - June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing - June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot - June 7, 2018
- RecordFarm Token Lists on Coinbene - June 7, 2018
- Award-Winning Crypto Comedy: KevCoin the Movie Premieres June 28 - June 6, 2018
- SEC Appoints Crypto Securities Czar - June 6, 2018
- FundRequest Platform Rewards Open Source Software Fixes - June 5, 2018
- Cashaa Links to Populous Marketplace, Commences Token Redistribution - June 5, 2018
- Blockchain Expo Europe 2018 Rolls Into Amsterdam - June 4, 2018
- $300 Million Monster ICO Planned by Cables and Headphones Firm - June 4, 2018
- Swissport Explores Blockchain Potential for Airport Services - June 1, 2018
- Odyssey Lists on UpBit and Bitrex Ahead of OCpay System Launch - June 1, 2018
- Hey, Alexa… CREALOGIX Launches Banking Hub with Voice Recognition - May 31, 2018
- Pundi X Inks Deal with American Chamber of Commerce Korea - May 30, 2018
- Japan’s Gumi Games Founder Launches $30M Crypto Fund - May 30, 2018
- Peoplewave Lists HR Blockchain ICO on QUOINE Platform - May 29, 2018
- Five Cryptocurrencies Into One: Bitcoin Origin Launches Penta-Fork Multichain - May 28, 2018
- Singapore Regulator Blocks Unauthorised Security Token Trading - May 28, 2018
- Leading Loyalty Rewards Program Integrates Dash - May 28, 2018
- Seal Network Teams with Deloitte for EU Anti-Counterfeit Effort - May 28, 2018
- FunFair Launches Blockchain Casino Platform in Closed Beta - May 25, 2018
- On GDPR Day, a Blockchain Solution - May 25, 2018
- Ogilvy Hosts Rebranding Contest for Crypto Hopefuls in NYC - May 24, 2018
- MoneyToken Adds BCH, Brings Roger Ver and Mate Tokay on Board - May 24, 2018
- Japan’s Biggest Bank to Roll out Blockchain Payment System by 2020 - May 23, 2018
- Envion Legal Battle Is Latest Swiss Crypto Bust Up - May 22, 2018
- Kontakt.io Teams IoT Platform with IOTA’s Blockchain for Monitoring and Asset Tracking - May 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Launches MyClinic.com Telemedicine Platform - May 22, 2018
- Malta Picks Omnitude to Drive Blockchain Into Public Transport - May 21, 2018
- European Parliament Passes Resolution Supporting Blockchain Technology - May 21, 2018
- Leading Indian Banks Form Blockchain Trade Network with InfoSys - May 18, 2018
- Orbs Raises $118 Million to Fund Consumer Apps Blockchain Platform - May 18, 2018
- WordPress for Blockchain: Superblocks Launches with $1 Million in Funding - May 18, 2018