A new study analyzing the top US blockchain and cryptocurrency job markets was released on Tuesday by Crypto Fund Research. The survey places San Francisco and New York at the top of a list of the 20 best US cities for blockchain jobs, according to the data collected.
Crypto Fund Research representatives said the team used a data-driven approach to analyze five key indicators of the health of blockchain job markets in more than 300 U.S. cities.
“We started by examining over three million job listings across four sites and isolated blockchain-specific jobs, but this was the easy part and this factor makes up only 30 percent of our overall ranking,” a statement said.
The team next evaluated cities by the number of top blockchain startups, new blockchain companies, crypto funds, and the status of the overall employment market
While previous studies on the blockchain jobs market have looked only at internet job postings, this analysis includes an in-depth look at four additional indicators of the overall health of the blockchain job market for more than 350 US cities.
Per the study, the top 20 US cities for blockchain jobs are as follows:
-San Francisco, CA
– New York, NY
– Chicago, IL
– Los Angeles, CA
– Boston, MA
– Palo Alto, CA
– Austin, TX
– Menlo Park, CA
– Seattle, WA
– Denver, CO
– Atlanta, GA
– Sunnyvale, CA
– Mountain View, CA
– San Jose, CA
– Portland, OR
– San Diego, CA
– Nashville, TN
– Oakland, CA
– Santa Clara, CA
– Washington, DC
“It’s no surprise that San Francisco and New York top the list of best cities for blockchain jobs,” said Josh Gnaizda, founder of Crypto Fund Research. “However, less obvious were very strong showings from cities like Austin, Nashville, and Portland.”
Crypto Fund Research provides research on the cryptocurrency and blockchain investment industry.
The full report is available here.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018