Advertising big gun Ogilvy is demonstrating its commitment to the blockchain industry by hosting a weekend-long ‘Brandathon’, where four innovative new companies in the sector will get a brand makeover from a group of crypto-savvy creatives working in teams to win the competition.
According to a statement on Wednesday, the event takes place on Friday, 22 June, at Ogilvy’s New York headquarters, where four designers, four copywriters and four strategists will be selected to compete with each other, divided into four teams and each matched with a blockchain startup.
‘Brandathon for Blockchain’ creatives do not know which team members they will be working with, nor the startup they will be helping, the release states. All the participants understand the underlying vision of the blockchain community and the idea is that creatives and startups can just get to work together.
Brandathon competitors will work with their designated startup to rebrand the company and, on a daily basis, creative work is critiqued and evaluated by a panel of mentors with relevant industry experience, who will ultimately judge the final work of the creative teams. The mentors and judges will be Rob Behnke, Founder and CEO of Token Agency and Bastian Baumann, Head of Design at Ogilvy.
“We are thrilled to partner with Brandathon to help the Blockchain industry better define itself and become more approachable for all of us,” said Alfonso Marian, USA Co-Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy, in the statement. “The potential for blockchain to help the world goes well beyond Crypto. We’re seeing startups use the protocol in disruptive ways in security, finance, instant payments, and even for business for good initiatives. It is clear that this industry will change how customers engage with products, services and brands.”
“For emerging companies, a well-considered brand strategy creates a distinct competitive advantage,” said Brandathon mentor Scott Norton. “Today, how a company communicates is just as important as what they make. Brandathon’s success stems from its uniqueness in pairing innovative companies with creatives, mentors, and judges who transform their chances of success.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018