Anti-counterfeiting blockchain group Seal Network is working with Deloitte during the European Commission’s Blockathon in Brussels next month to create an anti-counterfeiting infrastructure for Europe, according to a press release on Tuesday.
Deloitte said its global trade partners share Seal Network’s mission to create the infrastructure of authenticity and will aid the Seal team.
With counterfeiting a growing problem for consumers, producers and governments, the EU is looking for companies who will create the infrastructure to combat it. The aim is for the Blockathon to bring together institutions, domain experts, industry, government partners and technology companies to co-create relevant prototypes to address the anti-counterfeiting challenge.
Seal says the network it is building can protect the entire European continent from product-related crimes, such as counterfeiting, by combining blockchain technology with near-field communication (NFC) chips and a mobile app to securely verify product authenticity.
With the Seal app, the company claims that consumers and government institutions (like customs agencies) can easily check whether a product is fake or authentic.
Seal said it will expand its blockchain powered product authenticity platform to create applications specifically for the European Commission.
“The European Commission has rightfully identified that anti-counterfeiting is one of the best use cases for distributed ledger technologies. We could not be more excited to join the Blockathon and build the European infrastructure of authenticity as it aligns perfectly with why we started Seal Network” said Bart Verschoor, the company’s CEO.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018