According to a press release Thursday, Dash is the first cryptocurrency to be accepted as a payment method on the loyalty rewards website, which incentivizes purchases by giving consumers a percentage of cash back on total purchases.
Rewards.com allows users to purchase electronics items, apparel, travel, health and beauty products from online and department stores, with discounts on brands such as Macy’s, Nike, Neiman Marcus, Walmart, Samsung, and Home Depot.
Right now, Rewards.com users can earn Dash on purchases made on the platform, which can be transferred to their off-site wallets or kept in their Rewards.com account for future purchases. Full integration of Dash functionality, which will include the ability to make purchases with Dash, will be completed in Q4 2018, according to the press release.
“This is the next step for Dash in our goal of achieving widespread mainstream adoption,” said Global Head of Business Development at Dash Core Group Brad Zastrow, in the statement. “The partnership with a high caliber business like Rewards.com lowers the barrier to entry by eliminating the complication for those unfamiliar with digital asset exchanges.
“No longer do people need to buy, mine or trade for Dash. With this partnership, everyday consumers can earn Dash simply by shopping, which has never been done before on this platform. We believe our new alliance will encourage consumers to explore alternative options for payments and bring added value to loyalty rewards programs, particularly for an increasingly tech-savvy audience.”
“The remarkable aspect of this partnership is we are introducing people to cryptocurrency in a nonthreatening way,” said CEO and Co-Founder of Rewards.com, Todd Rowan. “Let’s say you shop at Macy’s, Groupon, or Hotels.com, you can earn a portion of the total purchase in cryptocurrency. The program works just like any points program. You can keep your rewards in the ecosystem just like you would with any type of reward point or redeem it for products, travel, restaurants, or gift cards. The earnings from Rewards.com will help you to start to learn about how to use cryptocurrency, including trading it on the market for Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. Rewards.com takes us one step closer to global mainstream acceptance of cryptocurrency.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018