Consumer electronics group Monster Products, known for its HDMI cables for headphones, is planning a USD 300 million initial coin offering (ICO), in a bid to build a marketplace to rival Amazon. It would be the largest ICO ever, according to widespread reports.
According to Marketwatch, the company intends to build a global payment system by offering 300 million ‘Monster Money Tokens at USD 1 each in order to raise funds.
The new e-commerce platform will be called the “Monster Money Network,” and based on the Ethereum protocol. Consumers could buy a range of products and services with either Monster tokens or fiat currencies.
“We intend to utilize the blockchain technology to our marketing, accounting and audit, internal control and shipping management functions,” the company said in an SEC filing. “We believe the blockchain innovation will bring disruptive advancement to our e-commerce and business operation systems.”
If it meets its target of USD 300 million, Monster would achieve the highest ICO on record, eclipsing FileCoin’s USD257 million 2017 offering.
The company said it hopes that its global connections, influence and scale will be key to building a network of e-commerce systems, but analysts warn that the company’s mounting losses mean the shift to blockchain could be seen as a Hail Mary effort, following a sharp drop in revenue at the end of its partnership with Beats Headphones, later sold to Apple.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018