Huobi, the Singapore-based cryptocurrency exchange that successfully raised over USD 300 million in a recent token sale, announced on Friday the release of its crypto index tracking product, the HB10.
HB10 will directly replicate the HUOBI 10 index, tracking the top 10 best known digital assets with the largest market values and liquidity, said the company. HB10 grants investors broad exposure to the cryptocurrency market while also offering insights into how the overall market is behaving. Huobi also warned that HB10 will not be available to US investors, as similar ETF plans have been halted by regulators in the past.
A statement released by Huobi gave additional details, “HB10 will allow retail investors to attain exposure to the digital assets market with a relatively small capital outlay. Through HB10, it is possible to obtain the growth benefits of mainstream digital currencies while diversifying risks. At the same time, it also provides access to the market for institutional investors, reducing the impact of institutional entry and exit on a single coin. The simultaneous opening of the primary and secondary markets also provides arbitrageurs with arbitrage opportunities. As an index product, HB10 can meet the diverse needs of different types of customers.”
Huobi said that HB10 tokens are available June 1-7, with a subscription fee to be paid at the time of acquisition of between 0.1 percent and 0 percent, based on the number of tokens acquired. Investors seeking to exchange their HB10 tokens for constituent currencies will be able to do so at a rate not greater than 10 percent of the previous day’s trading volume, with the net value of HB10 funds updated every 15 seconds and the fund composition rebalanced once per quarter. HB10 will be listed as a USDT trading pair, and initial tokens can be purchased in USDT, ETH, BTC or Huboi Tokens sold in the recent Huobi crowdsale.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018