Released last month, Accenture’s Digital Health Technology and Vision 2018 report highlighted the healthcare industry’s aggressive adoption of intelligent technologies, like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), but warned that new tools will be required to balance privacy and transparency. The report found that nine of ten healthcare executives believe that blockchain technology will be a critical component in enabling a frictionless business environment over the next three years, but also believe that microservice will be essential for scaling ecosystems.
Of 100 healthcare executives interviewed for the report, three of four said they expected to invest in IoT and smart sensor technology this year, and four of five said that their organizations are currently using data to drive automated decision making at an unprecedented scale.
Other finding included more than four of five executives saying that virtual and augmented reality technologies remove the hurdle of distance in access to people, information, and experiences, with nearly half of healthcare providers saying they intend to invest in these technologies in the next year. Four of five executives also believe that generating real-time insights from high volume data inputs will require some form of computing ‘at the edge’, where data is analyzed before it is warehoused or validated. The same proportion believes that cloud integration will be required to ensure that data and insights from new processing techniques are shared fully and effectively throughout their organizations.
Kaveh Safavi M.D., J.D., Head of Accenture’s Global Health Practice said, “Intelligent technologies, such as AI, are enabling health organizations to evolve at speed, collaborate with other entities and create deeper, more meaningful relationships with patients across various care settings. As this paradigm-shifting technology evolves – making business more dynamic than ever before – organizations will remain responsible for demonstrating data stewardship and designing systems with trust and transparency to bolster the societal benefits of these technologies.”
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018