Pharmaceutical product traceability specialist Adents has partnered with Microsoft to bring blockchain and AI technology into its new NovaTrack supply chain platform.
The company claims, in a press release, Thursday that NovaTrack, which debuted at VivaTech 2018 in Paris last month, offers end-to-end traceability and visibility throughout the entirety of the supply chain. It also said that OECD data shows an estimated 10 percent of pharmaceutical products sold worldwide and 2.5 percent of global imports are counterfeit.
Adents asserts that tighter control of supply chains is a crucial factor in tackling trust and transparency and while blockchain technology can help with supply chain security, there are still a number of major challenges, including the ability to define data governance and security policies based on industry standards, as stakeholders are reluctant to share business information. Additionally, with hundreds of billions of products circulating worldwide annually, there is a huge volume of data to process.
Adents said that NovaTrack utilizes Blockchain, AI, internet of things (IoT) and serialization functionalities to bring comprehensive visibility throughout product distribution chains and life cycles. The Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) approach allows each supply chain participant to either run blockchain nodes either on their premises or via the Cloud, which is preferable, as it simplifies technology lifecycle management, security, scalability and resource allocation.
Laurent Curny, General Manager at Microsoft Services France, said: “We are delighted to work with Adents to develop NovaTrack, which will introduce valuable new ways of addressing traceability challenges throughout supply chains owing to our advanced blockchain and AI technologies. Microsoft’s Azure Cloud platform will ensure the secure international deployment of Adents NovaTrack to accelerate the fight against industrial counterfeiting.”
Christophe Devins, founder and CEO of Adents, added: “Our alliance with Microsoft to co-develop Adents NovaTrack will offer game-changing Blockchain-based unit identification for various industries around the world. Our deep roots and successes in serialization and traceability, enhanced by Microsoft Azure Cloud technology, will provide our clients total transparency, all along their supply chains, and secure product authenticity for end users.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018