Republic, the blockchain platform connecting retail investors with opportunities in startups, has closed a USD 12 million funding round to tokenize its offering and develop its own security token.
According to a press release Thursday, Binance Labs and NGC ECO Fund led the funding round for the AngelList affiliated group, with participation also coming from East Chain Co, Oyster Ventures, FBG Capital, Hazoor Capital, ZK Capital and ZhenFund.
“Underlying our goal of becoming the marketplace for private investing is our mission to promote broad, diverse participation in all forms of entrepreneurship,” said Kendrick Nguyen, CEO of Republic in the statement.
“The global crypto fever has moved the needle forward almost overnight, but it has also introduced new regulatory and business complexities. We believe cross-border collaboration is necessary to navigate these complexities and help the industry grow quickly, but responsibly. Republic is delighted to have influential partners and investors from different regions of the world join forces on this shared vision,” he added.
“Republic brings new investment opportunities for retail investors to participate in well-curated startups,” said Ella Zhang, head of Binance Labs in the statement. “Binance and Labs team are working towards the freedom of value-exchange, and Republic’s democratization of access to startup investing aligns with our values.”
“Republic has demonstrated their capability of choosing credible projects and keeping the process transparent and compliant with rules and regulations,” said Tony Gu of Neo Global Capital. “NGC believes transparency and compliance are critical factors for mainstream adoptions of crypto assets and blockchain technologies. Hence, we’re excited to support Republic’s tokenization effort and, as an early investor, we look forward to working with Republic and its partners in setting a new standard for open and compliant token offerings.”
Last year, Republic raised seed capital from a number venture firms across the US, including Oyster Ventures, AngelList, RenGen, NextGen Venture Partners, and Grand Central Tech. “I am thrilled to see the platform evolve to fully utilize crypto to democratize and align incentives in the growing ICO economy,” said Sophie Liao of Oyster Ventures. “Republic is well positioned to revolutionize the whole token-pre-sale landscape.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018