Energi Mine, the blockchain platform that financially rewards energy-saving behaviour, today announced its partnership with Jem Energy, the renewable energy company specialising in solar energy products. The partnership will see Jem customers rewarded with EnergiTokens (ETK) for purchasing equipment for the generation and storage of renewable energy.
Jem Energy is a solar power specialist that focusses on the technology surrounding photovoltaic cells, offering a range of products from solar panel systems, thermodynamic water heating systems and solar battery storage. This partnership will see Jem customers receive ETK that they can spend within the Energi Mine platform. The tokens can be put towards energy bills, claiming discounts on electric car charging or even exchanged for fiat currencies.
Energi Mine is using ETK to revolutionise the global energy market through decentralisation and blockchain technology. The ultimate goal is to reduce global energy demand and carbon emissions by creating a system of financial incentives for businesses and consumers to save energy. This partnership marks a further expansion of the growing ecosystem of green companies that reward customers with ETK, allowing them to exchange their tokens for additional environmentally positive goods and services.
James Rodwell, Director of Jem Energy, said: “At the moment the technology behind solar energy is progressing rapidly, as are the new battery technologies that underpin renewable energy. Therefore, given that we now have the ability to easily retrofit existing solar systems and energy infrastructure that is many years old, the incentivisation that Energi Mine can provide will succeed in nudging people towards making this active change.”
Energi Mine has announced several recent partnerships with organisations including Simply EV – a maker of electric car charging equipment, and Electra Vehicles – a UK company that provides commercial vehicle operators with clean, zero-emission solutions for their heavy goods vehicles. This expanding network of Energi Mine partners ensures that users of the Energi Mine app have a constantly growing range of goods and services they can both earn ETK from and spend ETK on, maintaining the feedback loop of positive reinforcement received from ETK as a financial incentive.
“The first step in the fight against climate change starts with the promotion of renewable energy options to consumers,” said Energi Mine CEO Omar Rahim. “This will allow us to lessen our dependence on the fossil fuels that so greatly harm the environment. People require financial – as well as ethical – incentivisation in order to alter their entrenched behavioural practices and our partnership with Jem Energy provides exactly this.”
“We have already seen that the government’s debasement of the feed-in tariff has had a negative effect on the use of renewable energy: rates of solar panel installations have plummeted to a seven-year low, in spite of the cost of installations falling by over 70%. Therefore, we need to replace this lost incentivisation so that people can make a financially prudent decision in turning to renewables.”
For more information about Energi Mine and its energy-saving ETK reward scheme, or to become a partner, please visit www.energitoken.com, follow on twitter at @EnergiMine or join the Energi Mine telegram group
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019