Leading blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, a company that enables institutions to digitize assets and operate digital asset exchanges globally, has announced plans to launch AlphaPoint Indexes(TM). AlphaPoint Indexes embody the statistical performance of the broadest sector of cryptocurrency markets, while the AlphaPoint Smart Basket(TM) functionality extends the company’s technology leadership in offering digitization and white-label digital asset exchange platforms.
AlphaPoint is creating the definitive source for benchmarking the performance of digital assets. The company’s initial indexes will represent the highest valued cryptocurrencies and the most liquid cryptocurrencies:
AlphaPoint Leaders Index(TM) (APLDRS(TM)) comprises the largest 8-15 tokens covering approximately 80% of the global cryptocurrency market capitalization. APLDRS will reflect the highest valued crypto assets.
AlphaPoint Fast Movers IndexTM (APFMRSTM) comprises the top 8-15 tokens by trading volume, covering approximately 80% of global cryptocurrency market volume. APFMRS will reflect the most liquid crypto assets.
In addition to AlphaPoint enabling asset managers and other industry participants to benchmark performance against the broader cryptocurrency market, AlphaPoint Indexes may also be licensed to create derivative products.
Leveraging its AlphaPoint Exchange(TM) product (APEX), AlphaPoint will offer a new capability which will replicate the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Indexes, enabling exchange operators to create additional products to offer investors. The AlphaPoint Smart Baskets framework will create a token that mirrors the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Index by automating the simultaneous purchase (bid) or sale (offer) of the net group of cryptocurrencies in the licensed index. Investors, in turn, will be able to actively take broad positions in cryptocurrency markets as a whole, while passively rebalancing their portfolios through the APEX automation process.
“We are excited to offer a transparent, rules-based index which we believe will become the definitive benchmark in the industry. AlphaPoint’s network of customer exchanges is unrivaled and offering data-enabled tools is the next logical arena where we can help institutions drive additional liquidity,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “Just like our asset digitization and exchange technology, our data-enabled tools will create opportunities for institutions to offer new products and ultimately, for crypto and digital assets to be accessible to a wider set of industry participants.”
Several firms, including DQR and Einstein Exchange, have agreed to partner with AlphaPoint on both the indexes and Smart Basket framework.
“We are glad to have selected AlphaPoint originally for our exchange technology and we are enthusiastic about the launch of the AlphaPoint Indexes, from which we will create investable Smart Basket products that broaden the investment options of our customers. Our customers will benefit from the ability to easily invest in these products via credit card,” said Michael Gokturk, CEO, Einstein Exchange, Canada’s largest digital currency exchange and the only digital currency platform that enables unlimited credit card funding for customers worldwide.
AlphaPoint’s indexes will be available via intraday feeds and updated in real time. The indexes will be rebalanced on a quarterly basis and constituent details, construction, calculation, and rebalancing rules will follow current industry best practices.
AlphaPoint will be sharing more on its vision at TokenFest in Boston, MA. To learn more about AlphaPoint, its upcoming rollout of data and software products, please visit AlphaPoint.com and sign up for our newsletter.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019