Leading blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, a company that enables institutions to digitize assets and operate digital asset exchanges globally, has announced plans to launch AlphaPoint Indexes(TM). AlphaPoint Indexes embody the statistical performance of the broadest sector of cryptocurrency markets, while the AlphaPoint Smart Basket(TM) functionality extends the company’s technology leadership in offering digitization and white-label digital asset exchange platforms.
AlphaPoint is creating the definitive source for benchmarking the performance of digital assets. The company’s initial indexes will represent the highest valued cryptocurrencies and the most liquid cryptocurrencies:
AlphaPoint Leaders Index(TM) (APLDRS(TM)) comprises the largest 8-15 tokens covering approximately 80% of the global cryptocurrency market capitalization. APLDRS will reflect the highest valued crypto assets.
AlphaPoint Fast Movers IndexTM (APFMRSTM) comprises the top 8-15 tokens by trading volume, covering approximately 80% of global cryptocurrency market volume. APFMRS will reflect the most liquid crypto assets.
In addition to AlphaPoint enabling asset managers and other industry participants to benchmark performance against the broader cryptocurrency market, AlphaPoint Indexes may also be licensed to create derivative products.
Leveraging its AlphaPoint Exchange(TM) product (APEX), AlphaPoint will offer a new capability which will replicate the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Indexes, enabling exchange operators to create additional products to offer investors. The AlphaPoint Smart Baskets framework will create a token that mirrors the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Index by automating the simultaneous purchase (bid) or sale (offer) of the net group of cryptocurrencies in the licensed index. Investors, in turn, will be able to actively take broad positions in cryptocurrency markets as a whole, while passively rebalancing their portfolios through the APEX automation process.
“We are excited to offer a transparent, rules-based index which we believe will become the definitive benchmark in the industry. AlphaPoint’s network of customer exchanges is unrivaled and offering data-enabled tools is the next logical arena where we can help institutions drive additional liquidity,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “Just like our asset digitization and exchange technology, our data-enabled tools will create opportunities for institutions to offer new products and ultimately, for crypto and digital assets to be accessible to a wider set of industry participants.”
Several firms, including DQR and Einstein Exchange, have agreed to partner with AlphaPoint on both the indexes and Smart Basket framework.
“We are glad to have selected AlphaPoint originally for our exchange technology and we are enthusiastic about the launch of the AlphaPoint Indexes, from which we will create investable Smart Basket products that broaden the investment options of our customers. Our customers will benefit from the ability to easily invest in these products via credit card,” said Michael Gokturk, CEO, Einstein Exchange, Canada’s largest digital currency exchange and the only digital currency platform that enables unlimited credit card funding for customers worldwide.
AlphaPoint’s indexes will be available via intraday feeds and updated in real time. The indexes will be rebalanced on a quarterly basis and constituent details, construction, calculation, and rebalancing rules will follow current industry best practices.
AlphaPoint will be sharing more on its vision at TokenFest in Boston, MA. To learn more about AlphaPoint, its upcoming rollout of data and software products, please visit AlphaPoint.com and sign up for our newsletter.
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online - December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin - December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem - December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover - December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies - December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency - December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team - December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform - November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX - November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever - November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain - November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. - November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way - November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. - November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter - November 19, 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia - November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers - November 10, 2018