Leading blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, a company that enables institutions to digitize assets and operate digital asset exchanges globally, has announced plans to launch AlphaPoint Indexes(TM). AlphaPoint Indexes embody the statistical performance of the broadest sector of cryptocurrency markets, while the AlphaPoint Smart Basket(TM) functionality extends the company’s technology leadership in offering digitization and white-label digital asset exchange platforms.
AlphaPoint is creating the definitive source for benchmarking the performance of digital assets. The company’s initial indexes will represent the highest valued cryptocurrencies and the most liquid cryptocurrencies:
AlphaPoint Leaders Index(TM) (APLDRS(TM)) comprises the largest 8-15 tokens covering approximately 80% of the global cryptocurrency market capitalization. APLDRS will reflect the highest valued crypto assets.
AlphaPoint Fast Movers IndexTM (APFMRSTM) comprises the top 8-15 tokens by trading volume, covering approximately 80% of global cryptocurrency market volume. APFMRS will reflect the most liquid crypto assets.
In addition to AlphaPoint enabling asset managers and other industry participants to benchmark performance against the broader cryptocurrency market, AlphaPoint Indexes may also be licensed to create derivative products.
Leveraging its AlphaPoint Exchange(TM) product (APEX), AlphaPoint will offer a new capability which will replicate the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Indexes, enabling exchange operators to create additional products to offer investors. The AlphaPoint Smart Baskets framework will create a token that mirrors the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Index by automating the simultaneous purchase (bid) or sale (offer) of the net group of cryptocurrencies in the licensed index. Investors, in turn, will be able to actively take broad positions in cryptocurrency markets as a whole, while passively rebalancing their portfolios through the APEX automation process.
“We are excited to offer a transparent, rules-based index which we believe will become the definitive benchmark in the industry. AlphaPoint’s network of customer exchanges is unrivaled and offering data-enabled tools is the next logical arena where we can help institutions drive additional liquidity,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “Just like our asset digitization and exchange technology, our data-enabled tools will create opportunities for institutions to offer new products and ultimately, for crypto and digital assets to be accessible to a wider set of industry participants.”
Several firms, including DQR and Einstein Exchange, have agreed to partner with AlphaPoint on both the indexes and Smart Basket framework.
“We are glad to have selected AlphaPoint originally for our exchange technology and we are enthusiastic about the launch of the AlphaPoint Indexes, from which we will create investable Smart Basket products that broaden the investment options of our customers. Our customers will benefit from the ability to easily invest in these products via credit card,” said Michael Gokturk, CEO, Einstein Exchange, Canada’s largest digital currency exchange and the only digital currency platform that enables unlimited credit card funding for customers worldwide.
AlphaPoint’s indexes will be available via intraday feeds and updated in real time. The indexes will be rebalanced on a quarterly basis and constituent details, construction, calculation, and rebalancing rules will follow current industry best practices.
AlphaPoint will be sharing more on its vision at TokenFest in Boston, MA. To learn more about AlphaPoint, its upcoming rollout of data and software products, please visit AlphaPoint.com and sign up for our newsletter.
- Nebulas could be the Future of Improving The Efficiency of Blockchain Upgrades - February 22, 2019
- ‘Decent’, a Documentary on how Blockchain can Change the World - February 22, 2019
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations - February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders - February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency - February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO - February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology - January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices - January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble - January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up - January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% - January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency - January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018