Leading blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, a company that enables institutions to digitize assets and operate digital asset exchanges globally, has announced plans to launch AlphaPoint Indexes(TM). AlphaPoint Indexes embody the statistical performance of the broadest sector of cryptocurrency markets, while the AlphaPoint Smart Basket(TM) functionality extends the company’s technology leadership in offering digitization and white-label digital asset exchange platforms.
AlphaPoint is creating the definitive source for benchmarking the performance of digital assets. The company’s initial indexes will represent the highest valued cryptocurrencies and the most liquid cryptocurrencies:
AlphaPoint Leaders Index(TM) (APLDRS(TM)) comprises the largest 8-15 tokens covering approximately 80% of the global cryptocurrency market capitalization. APLDRS will reflect the highest valued crypto assets.
AlphaPoint Fast Movers IndexTM (APFMRSTM) comprises the top 8-15 tokens by trading volume, covering approximately 80% of global cryptocurrency market volume. APFMRS will reflect the most liquid crypto assets.
In addition to AlphaPoint enabling asset managers and other industry participants to benchmark performance against the broader cryptocurrency market, AlphaPoint Indexes may also be licensed to create derivative products.
Leveraging its AlphaPoint Exchange(TM) product (APEX), AlphaPoint will offer a new capability which will replicate the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Indexes, enabling exchange operators to create additional products to offer investors. The AlphaPoint Smart Baskets framework will create a token that mirrors the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Index by automating the simultaneous purchase (bid) or sale (offer) of the net group of cryptocurrencies in the licensed index. Investors, in turn, will be able to actively take broad positions in cryptocurrency markets as a whole, while passively rebalancing their portfolios through the APEX automation process.
“We are excited to offer a transparent, rules-based index which we believe will become the definitive benchmark in the industry. AlphaPoint’s network of customer exchanges is unrivaled and offering data-enabled tools is the next logical arena where we can help institutions drive additional liquidity,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “Just like our asset digitization and exchange technology, our data-enabled tools will create opportunities for institutions to offer new products and ultimately, for crypto and digital assets to be accessible to a wider set of industry participants.”
Several firms, including DQR and Einstein Exchange, have agreed to partner with AlphaPoint on both the indexes and Smart Basket framework.
“We are glad to have selected AlphaPoint originally for our exchange technology and we are enthusiastic about the launch of the AlphaPoint Indexes, from which we will create investable Smart Basket products that broaden the investment options of our customers. Our customers will benefit from the ability to easily invest in these products via credit card,” said Michael Gokturk, CEO, Einstein Exchange, Canada’s largest digital currency exchange and the only digital currency platform that enables unlimited credit card funding for customers worldwide.
AlphaPoint’s indexes will be available via intraday feeds and updated in real time. The indexes will be rebalanced on a quarterly basis and constituent details, construction, calculation, and rebalancing rules will follow current industry best practices.
AlphaPoint will be sharing more on its vision at TokenFest in Boston, MA. To learn more about AlphaPoint, its upcoming rollout of data and software products, please visit AlphaPoint.com and sign up for our newsletter.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019