Trust Square is further expanding at its prominent Bahnhofstrasse location in Zurich. By the fourth quarter of this year, the world’s largest blockchain hub existing today, will cover more than 3,000 square meters and can offer over 300 workstations to startups and researchers. The expansion highlights Switzerland’s ambition to further bolster the country’s position as a leading location for blockchain innovation on an international scale.
Right from its start in April 2018, all of Trust Square’s 200 desks have been fully booked. Some 40 startups and research projects are currently working at the hub in the heart of Zurich on various other blockchain use-cases. Building on this success, Trust Square has now announced it will increase its capacity in the fourth quarter of this year by renting additional office space at its current location. With the expansion from today’s 2,300 to more than 3,000 square meters, Trust Square will turn into the world’s largest blockchain hub.
In addition to the expansion, Trust Square has renewed its lease at Bahnhofstrasse until the end of 2019 and is currently in discussions about a further extension. In parallel, Trust Square is assessing options for a longer-term location.
NEO and Circle join list of Trust Square residents
In September, Trust Square will add two further high-profile names to its list of residents with the blockchain project NEO establishing its presence at Bahnhofstrasse and crypto finance company Circle moving into the Zurich hub. Welcoming these global and highly respected projects to Trust Square, further underscores the attractiveness of Switzerland as a blockchain location.
Trust Square co-founder Daniel Gasteiger said: “There’s a huge demand for a place like Trust Square. We’re particularly pleased about the diversity and quality of companies and projects that have taken up residence at our hub. Turning Trust Square into the world’s largest blockchain hub will further increase its appeal to blockchain experts from around the globe.”
Head of the Department for Economic Affairs of the Canton of Zurich Carmen Walker Späh was equally pleased about the strong demand for additional working space at Trust Square: “The highly dynamic development underscores the importance of Zurich as an international blockchain location. The combination of startups, established players, research institutions and conducive framework conditions seems to be the ideal recipe for success.”
Open day on 20 September
On 20 September, Trust Square will open its doors to the public. Everybody is invited to see first-hand how the 40 companies and projects located at Trust Square are researching different aspects of blockchain technology and developing use-cases. No registration required.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019