Innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency company Nexus has announced it is teaming up with SpaceChain founded by Jeff Garzik and Zheng Zuo. Spacechain is a decentralized agency that plans to build an open-source, blockchain-based satellite network.
Garzik, the Co-Founder and CTO of SpaceChain and Bitcoin Core developer #3, will also be joining the Nexus Advisory Committee.
“Jeff is an early contributor to the open-source movement, and someone who truly believes in what it can do to make the world more free and open.” Colin said, “I’m honored to be able to work with him, to make the promise of cryptocurrencies real for everyone.”
Garzik and Zuo successfully launched their first cube-satellite in February of 2018, which uses SpaceChain’s satellite software SpaceChain OS and hosts a QTUM blockchain node.
The partnership between Nexus and SpaceChain centers around collaboration to deploy a decentralized internet in space that both companies have been developing. The satellite mesh network will deliver a more accessible, secure, and censorship-resistant communication system, while demonstrating the potential of privatized, space-based initiatives.
The partnership will include one of SpaceChain’s future satellites, that will host one of the Nexus nodes; they will also have the opportunity to host nodes on future Nexus satellites. Nexus is due to launch their first satellite next year. It will be the first ever satellite launch funded in cryptocurrency, with Nexus (NXS) being the cryptocurrency of choice.
As an advisor to the organization, Garzik will provide his expertise in coding and assisting Nexus in developing their 3-Dimensional Chain, an on-chain scaling solution of distributed ledgers for mass adoption. He will also assist in building the Nexus Advanced Contracts that Colin Cantrell, the Founder of Nexus, demonstrated at the 2018 Nexus Conference, held recently in Scottsdale.
Nexus is an innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency designed to improve the world through advanced peer-to-peer networks. Nexus focuses on solving the current challenges of speed and scalability in the blockchain industry and provides world-class quantum resistance through its many innovations. We aspire to combine blockchain technology with ground-based MESH networks and satellites to facilitate the formation of a decentralized and distributed internet. Nexus will enable people to take control of their personal and financial freedom, empowering humanity in the process. For more information and to see how you can help build the future, visit www.NexusEarth.com.
Founded in 2017, SpaceChain is building an open-source blockchain-based satellite network, allowing users to develop and run decentralized applications in space. The SpaceChain operating system will be available to anyone, anywhere in the world, all while remaining secure and immutable through proven blockchain cryptography. In doing so, SpaceChain’s vision is to remove barriers and allow a global community to access and collaborate in space. For more information, visit https://spacechain.com/.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019