Innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency company Nexus has announced it is teaming up with SpaceChain founded by Jeff Garzik and Zheng Zuo. Spacechain is a decentralized agency that plans to build an open-source, blockchain-based satellite network.
Garzik, the Co-Founder and CTO of SpaceChain and Bitcoin Core developer #3, will also be joining the Nexus Advisory Committee.
“Jeff is an early contributor to the open-source movement, and someone who truly believes in what it can do to make the world more free and open.” Colin said, “I’m honored to be able to work with him, to make the promise of cryptocurrencies real for everyone.”
Garzik and Zuo successfully launched their first cube-satellite in February of 2018, which uses SpaceChain’s satellite software SpaceChain OS and hosts a QTUM blockchain node.
The partnership between Nexus and SpaceChain centers around collaboration to deploy a decentralized internet in space that both companies have been developing. The satellite mesh network will deliver a more accessible, secure, and censorship-resistant communication system, while demonstrating the potential of privatized, space-based initiatives.
The partnership will include one of SpaceChain’s future satellites, that will host one of the Nexus nodes; they will also have the opportunity to host nodes on future Nexus satellites. Nexus is due to launch their first satellite next year. It will be the first ever satellite launch funded in cryptocurrency, with Nexus (NXS) being the cryptocurrency of choice.
As an advisor to the organization, Garzik will provide his expertise in coding and assisting Nexus in developing their 3-Dimensional Chain, an on-chain scaling solution of distributed ledgers for mass adoption. He will also assist in building the Nexus Advanced Contracts that Colin Cantrell, the Founder of Nexus, demonstrated at the 2018 Nexus Conference, held recently in Scottsdale.
Nexus is an innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency designed to improve the world through advanced peer-to-peer networks. Nexus focuses on solving the current challenges of speed and scalability in the blockchain industry and provides world-class quantum resistance through its many innovations. We aspire to combine blockchain technology with ground-based MESH networks and satellites to facilitate the formation of a decentralized and distributed internet. Nexus will enable people to take control of their personal and financial freedom, empowering humanity in the process. For more information and to see how you can help build the future, visit www.NexusEarth.com.
Founded in 2017, SpaceChain is building an open-source blockchain-based satellite network, allowing users to develop and run decentralized applications in space. The SpaceChain operating system will be available to anyone, anywhere in the world, all while remaining secure and immutable through proven blockchain cryptography. In doing so, SpaceChain’s vision is to remove barriers and allow a global community to access and collaborate in space. For more information, visit https://spacechain.com/.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018