Innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency company Nexus has announced it is teaming up with SpaceChain founded by Jeff Garzik and Zheng Zuo. Spacechain is a decentralized agency that plans to build an open-source, blockchain-based satellite network.
Garzik, the Co-Founder and CTO of SpaceChain and Bitcoin Core developer #3, will also be joining the Nexus Advisory Committee.
“Jeff is an early contributor to the open-source movement, and someone who truly believes in what it can do to make the world more free and open.” Colin said, “I’m honored to be able to work with him, to make the promise of cryptocurrencies real for everyone.”
Garzik and Zuo successfully launched their first cube-satellite in February of 2018, which uses SpaceChain’s satellite software SpaceChain OS and hosts a QTUM blockchain node.
The partnership between Nexus and SpaceChain centers around collaboration to deploy a decentralized internet in space that both companies have been developing. The satellite mesh network will deliver a more accessible, secure, and censorship-resistant communication system, while demonstrating the potential of privatized, space-based initiatives.
The partnership will include one of SpaceChain’s future satellites, that will host one of the Nexus nodes; they will also have the opportunity to host nodes on future Nexus satellites. Nexus is due to launch their first satellite next year. It will be the first ever satellite launch funded in cryptocurrency, with Nexus (NXS) being the cryptocurrency of choice.
As an advisor to the organization, Garzik will provide his expertise in coding and assisting Nexus in developing their 3-Dimensional Chain, an on-chain scaling solution of distributed ledgers for mass adoption. He will also assist in building the Nexus Advanced Contracts that Colin Cantrell, the Founder of Nexus, demonstrated at the 2018 Nexus Conference, held recently in Scottsdale.
Nexus is an innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency designed to improve the world through advanced peer-to-peer networks. Nexus focuses on solving the current challenges of speed and scalability in the blockchain industry and provides world-class quantum resistance through its many innovations. We aspire to combine blockchain technology with ground-based MESH networks and satellites to facilitate the formation of a decentralized and distributed internet. Nexus will enable people to take control of their personal and financial freedom, empowering humanity in the process. For more information and to see how you can help build the future, visit www.NexusEarth.com.
Founded in 2017, SpaceChain is building an open-source blockchain-based satellite network, allowing users to develop and run decentralized applications in space. The SpaceChain operating system will be available to anyone, anywhere in the world, all while remaining secure and immutable through proven blockchain cryptography. In doing so, SpaceChain’s vision is to remove barriers and allow a global community to access and collaborate in space. For more information, visit https://spacechain.com/.
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018