Innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency company Nexus has announced it is teaming up with SpaceChain founded by Jeff Garzik and Zheng Zuo. Spacechain is a decentralized agency that plans to build an open-source, blockchain-based satellite network.
Garzik, the Co-Founder and CTO of SpaceChain and Bitcoin Core developer #3, will also be joining the Nexus Advisory Committee.
“Jeff is an early contributor to the open-source movement, and someone who truly believes in what it can do to make the world more free and open.” Colin said, “I’m honored to be able to work with him, to make the promise of cryptocurrencies real for everyone.”
Garzik and Zuo successfully launched their first cube-satellite in February of 2018, which uses SpaceChain’s satellite software SpaceChain OS and hosts a QTUM blockchain node.
The partnership between Nexus and SpaceChain centers around collaboration to deploy a decentralized internet in space that both companies have been developing. The satellite mesh network will deliver a more accessible, secure, and censorship-resistant communication system, while demonstrating the potential of privatized, space-based initiatives.
The partnership will include one of SpaceChain’s future satellites, that will host one of the Nexus nodes; they will also have the opportunity to host nodes on future Nexus satellites. Nexus is due to launch their first satellite next year. It will be the first ever satellite launch funded in cryptocurrency, with Nexus (NXS) being the cryptocurrency of choice.
As an advisor to the organization, Garzik will provide his expertise in coding and assisting Nexus in developing their 3-Dimensional Chain, an on-chain scaling solution of distributed ledgers for mass adoption. He will also assist in building the Nexus Advanced Contracts that Colin Cantrell, the Founder of Nexus, demonstrated at the 2018 Nexus Conference, held recently in Scottsdale.
Nexus is an innovative open-source blockchain technology and digital currency designed to improve the world through advanced peer-to-peer networks. Nexus focuses on solving the current challenges of speed and scalability in the blockchain industry and provides world-class quantum resistance through its many innovations. We aspire to combine blockchain technology with ground-based MESH networks and satellites to facilitate the formation of a decentralized and distributed internet. Nexus will enable people to take control of their personal and financial freedom, empowering humanity in the process. For more information and to see how you can help build the future, visit www.NexusEarth.com.
Founded in 2017, SpaceChain is building an open-source blockchain-based satellite network, allowing users to develop and run decentralized applications in space. The SpaceChain operating system will be available to anyone, anywhere in the world, all while remaining secure and immutable through proven blockchain cryptography. In doing so, SpaceChain’s vision is to remove barriers and allow a global community to access and collaborate in space. For more information, visit https://spacechain.com/.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019