Digital DNAtix Ltd., the blockchain genetics company, and Biologix, a molecular research support service provider company, have announced their intention to launch a pilot for blockchain based full genome sequencing. Biologix will use DNAtix genetic wallet to provide users with access to secure and anonymous full genome sequencing and delivering advanced genetic services.
Biologix has been operating in Nigeria for the last 10 years, providing support for molecular research laboratories and empowering local scientists/technologists through training and capacity building in molecular biology techniques. DNAtix considers this a step further in growing the global genetic ecosystem that will enable users to share and explore their genetic makeup in utterly new ways while maintaining full control of their data. The genetics ecosystem that DNAtix is developing will link users that are seeking genetically-tailored health and lifestyle solutions with products and services providers that fit their needs and will also enable users to participate in research and be rewarded.
“We believe that the genetic ecosystem which is based on decentralized blockchain technologies will grant users the ability to regain control of their genetic information and self-manage it”. said Ofer A. Lidsky, CEO of DNAtix. “Users should be able to decide what to do with their most private information which is their genetic make-up and if interested to monetize it and be rewarded for sharing it,” Ofer added.
“We think that in order to create a diversified and global genetic ecosystem we should enable users from different parts of the globe to access advanced genetic services which are blockchain based”. Said Galit Raiman COO and VP Marketing at DNAtix. “With a first pilot being launched in India and a second one in Nigeria and in the near future in Israel and the US, DNAtix is building the infrastructure for the genetic ecosystem” Galit added.
As of today, there are few medical geneticists and genetic counselors working in Nigeria. Most patients with genetic disorders are seen by pediatricians and some by specialists. Facilities for molecular diagnosis (including prenatal diagnosis) are suboptimal and are not widely available throughout the country (1). Biologix and DNAtix believe that as prices for genome sequencing (Exome or full genome) are dropping providing access to digital genetic services in Nigeria is now getting closer. Participants in the pilot will use DNAtix blockchain based services for highly secured and anonymous genetic service.
“Direct-to-consumer genetic tests have truly come to stay. The secure and private DNAtix platform driven by blockchain will further increase global access towards precise and personalized medicine’’ Said Dr. Voke Toye the Founder and Chief Executive of Biologix Support Services Ltd, Lagos Nigeria.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019