Everest, a biometry-based, value transfer company, and 1000 Alternatives, a leader in social impact development, are joining to accelerate blockchain innovation and economic development in Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda. The goal of the partners is to extend that progress throughout Africa in the near future. The partnership will utilize 1000 Alternatives’ incubators in each country to educate entrepreneurs to build distributed applications (“DApps”) on top of the Everest platform.
Development of DApps on top of the existing Everest platform will not only create jobs, it will also reduce the costs of doing business and give economic access to millions of individuals previously lacking access to these connective technologies. The Everest-enabled DApps will have a variety of applications, including micro-banking with built-in know your customer (“KYC”) / anti-money laundering (“AML”) and value storage; healthcare services with native document storage and sharing; and app-based mortgage lending with native KYC, document storage and messaging.
“We are thrilled to partner with Everest, which is focused on the use of blockchain technology for social good,” said Athman Ali, CEO of 1000 Alternatives. “We see a lot of opportunity in the use of blockchains to reduce middle-men costs and we are excited about having access to the Everest platform to empower our entrepreneurs to build modern distributed applications.”
“Our partnership with 1000 Alternatives enables entrepreneurs across Africa to leverage the distributed foundation and powerful technology stack of the Everest platform, creating new and innovative applications and quickly bringing them to market,” said Bob Reid, CEO and co-founder of Everest. “We are excited about this new partnership and look forward to seeing entrepreneurs leverage these existing, proven technologies to develop and deliver unique DApps.”
Everest, founded in 2016, is a leader in biometric identification, digital wallet and distributed ledger (blockchain) technologies, offering an integrated suite of tools to deliver a full eBanking platform.
1000 Alternatives was recently founded with locations rolling out in Singapore, Kenya, Rwanda and Nigeria. The company incubates, invests in and scales profitable lock-step ventures that deliver positive social impact through their products and services.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019