Everest, a biometry-based, value transfer company, and 1000 Alternatives, a leader in social impact development, are joining to accelerate blockchain innovation and economic development in Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda. The goal of the partners is to extend that progress throughout Africa in the near future. The partnership will utilize 1000 Alternatives’ incubators in each country to educate entrepreneurs to build distributed applications (“DApps”) on top of the Everest platform.
Development of DApps on top of the existing Everest platform will not only create jobs, it will also reduce the costs of doing business and give economic access to millions of individuals previously lacking access to these connective technologies. The Everest-enabled DApps will have a variety of applications, including micro-banking with built-in know your customer (“KYC”) / anti-money laundering (“AML”) and value storage; healthcare services with native document storage and sharing; and app-based mortgage lending with native KYC, document storage and messaging.
“We are thrilled to partner with Everest, which is focused on the use of blockchain technology for social good,” said Athman Ali, CEO of 1000 Alternatives. “We see a lot of opportunity in the use of blockchains to reduce middle-men costs and we are excited about having access to the Everest platform to empower our entrepreneurs to build modern distributed applications.”
“Our partnership with 1000 Alternatives enables entrepreneurs across Africa to leverage the distributed foundation and powerful technology stack of the Everest platform, creating new and innovative applications and quickly bringing them to market,” said Bob Reid, CEO and co-founder of Everest. “We are excited about this new partnership and look forward to seeing entrepreneurs leverage these existing, proven technologies to develop and deliver unique DApps.”
Everest, founded in 2016, is a leader in biometric identification, digital wallet and distributed ledger (blockchain) technologies, offering an integrated suite of tools to deliver a full eBanking platform.
1000 Alternatives was recently founded with locations rolling out in Singapore, Kenya, Rwanda and Nigeria. The company incubates, invests in and scales profitable lock-step ventures that deliver positive social impact through their products and services.
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019