Everest, a biometry-based, value transfer company, and 1000 Alternatives, a leader in social impact development, are joining to accelerate blockchain innovation and economic development in Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda. The goal of the partners is to extend that progress throughout Africa in the near future. The partnership will utilize 1000 Alternatives’ incubators in each country to educate entrepreneurs to build distributed applications (“DApps”) on top of the Everest platform.
Development of DApps on top of the existing Everest platform will not only create jobs, it will also reduce the costs of doing business and give economic access to millions of individuals previously lacking access to these connective technologies. The Everest-enabled DApps will have a variety of applications, including micro-banking with built-in know your customer (“KYC”) / anti-money laundering (“AML”) and value storage; healthcare services with native document storage and sharing; and app-based mortgage lending with native KYC, document storage and messaging.
“We are thrilled to partner with Everest, which is focused on the use of blockchain technology for social good,” said Athman Ali, CEO of 1000 Alternatives. “We see a lot of opportunity in the use of blockchains to reduce middle-men costs and we are excited about having access to the Everest platform to empower our entrepreneurs to build modern distributed applications.”
“Our partnership with 1000 Alternatives enables entrepreneurs across Africa to leverage the distributed foundation and powerful technology stack of the Everest platform, creating new and innovative applications and quickly bringing them to market,” said Bob Reid, CEO and co-founder of Everest. “We are excited about this new partnership and look forward to seeing entrepreneurs leverage these existing, proven technologies to develop and deliver unique DApps.”
Everest, founded in 2016, is a leader in biometric identification, digital wallet and distributed ledger (blockchain) technologies, offering an integrated suite of tools to deliver a full eBanking platform.
1000 Alternatives was recently founded with locations rolling out in Singapore, Kenya, Rwanda and Nigeria. The company incubates, invests in and scales profitable lock-step ventures that deliver positive social impact through their products and services.
- VNX Exchange announces Partnership with NEM, Bridging the Gap between the Mainstream Financial Industry and the Crypto-economy - October 12, 2018
- Health Data Tokenization could Transform the Future of Healthcare - October 12, 2018
- DNAtix And Biologix are launching a Pilot in Nigeria Aiming to Offer Advance Genetic Services - October 12, 2018
- Everest, and 1000 Alternatives, announce new partnership to accelerate blockchain innovation - October 11, 2018
- Hedge fund manager to disrupt traditional venture capital model with decentralized blockchain ecosystem - October 10, 2018
- First Non-Custodial, Community Owned Crypto Exchange launched by Trinkler Software - October 10, 2018
- Growing Popularity of Cryptos, Drives Surge in Next-Gen Financial Solutions - October 10, 2018
- Newly-designed ‘DECENT Wallet’ Stores Custom Tokens - October 10, 2018
- Belfius launches a mobility platform using blockchain technology for school children in Belgian Towns - October 9, 2018
- Medicalchain announced first global use of cryptocurrency to access healthcare services and store health data securely through blockchain - October 8, 2018
- Cannabis Accelerator Grow Tech Labs Partners with Launch Academy, Western Canada’s Leading Incubator - October 4, 2018
- The blockchain in Manufacturing Market expected to see heavy Growth due to Simplified Business Processes - October 4, 2018
- New Pet Tracker with NFC Digital ID System is launched by GTX - October 4, 2018
- Namibia investigating use of Blockchain for money remittance, investments and cross-border trading - October 4, 2018
- Bidooh launches ICO pre-sale with its revolutionary digital billboard platform - October 2, 2018
- Latest edition of Synacor’s global, Smart Contracts launched Showcasing Zimbra X Powered by EOSIO at Blockchain Live - October 2, 2018
- First brand to go live on FunFair’s blockchain casino platform is CasinoFair - September 26, 2018
- Open Beta Launched by CoinMetro Exchange - September 26, 2018
- A BRITISH ‘crypto-bike’ firm is launching cryptocurrency classes to help riders take advantage of the blockchain - September 25, 2018
- Type 2 Diabetes Epidemic in India Combated with use of Blockchain - September 25, 2018