Everest, a biometry-based, value transfer company, and 1000 Alternatives, a leader in social impact development, are joining to accelerate blockchain innovation and economic development in Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda. The goal of the partners is to extend that progress throughout Africa in the near future. The partnership will utilize 1000 Alternatives’ incubators in each country to educate entrepreneurs to build distributed applications (“DApps”) on top of the Everest platform.
Development of DApps on top of the existing Everest platform will not only create jobs, it will also reduce the costs of doing business and give economic access to millions of individuals previously lacking access to these connective technologies. The Everest-enabled DApps will have a variety of applications, including micro-banking with built-in know your customer (“KYC”) / anti-money laundering (“AML”) and value storage; healthcare services with native document storage and sharing; and app-based mortgage lending with native KYC, document storage and messaging.
“We are thrilled to partner with Everest, which is focused on the use of blockchain technology for social good,” said Athman Ali, CEO of 1000 Alternatives. “We see a lot of opportunity in the use of blockchains to reduce middle-men costs and we are excited about having access to the Everest platform to empower our entrepreneurs to build modern distributed applications.”
“Our partnership with 1000 Alternatives enables entrepreneurs across Africa to leverage the distributed foundation and powerful technology stack of the Everest platform, creating new and innovative applications and quickly bringing them to market,” said Bob Reid, CEO and co-founder of Everest. “We are excited about this new partnership and look forward to seeing entrepreneurs leverage these existing, proven technologies to develop and deliver unique DApps.”
Everest, founded in 2016, is a leader in biometric identification, digital wallet and distributed ledger (blockchain) technologies, offering an integrated suite of tools to deliver a full eBanking platform.
1000 Alternatives was recently founded with locations rolling out in Singapore, Kenya, Rwanda and Nigeria. The company incubates, invests in and scales profitable lock-step ventures that deliver positive social impact through their products and services.
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations - February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders - February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency - February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO - February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology - January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices - January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble - January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up - January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% - January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency - January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018