The House of Fine Art (HOFA) is launching its newest gallery location in Los Angeles, their first in the US – and the inaugural presentation at the new gallery is Qvantum, the ground-breaking cryptocurrency exhibition of work by internationally acclaimed artists including Joseph Klibansky, Zhuang Hong Yi, Ilhwa Kim and Marco Grassi.
Qvantum opens at HOFA Los Angeles (819 La Cienega Boulevard) with a public reception from 6 to 9pm on Tuesday, October 30th and will remain on display until Friday, November 30th. Qvantum already has majorly hit the headlines in London and Europe when the exhibition was recently shown during Frieze Week 2018. It set a ground-breaking precedent for making every piece of the $115M art portfolio available to be purchased through cryptocurrency.
The anticipation for Qvantum has hit a whole new level, as Joseph Klibansky’s ‘The Thinker’ sculpture attracted a 5 metre tall commission by Zurich based Swiss collector before the doors had even opened at HOFA’s Mayfair gallery in London.
The commission was sold for 211 Bitcoin (equivalent of approx £1.1M), and the artist [Klibansky] will receive all his payments in cryptocurrency. To date, the value of the work sold has hit over £2.5M.
HOFA spokesperson Simonida Pavicevic explained why West Hollywood is the perfect location for their new gallery:
“West Hollywood is a special place where creativity in all its many forms is truly appreciated. LA is where stars are born and we know LA will shine an even brighter light on artistic talent. We are extremely excited to be able to share the exceptional works of our resident artists with art collectors in the US.”
“There is a great market in LA and there are a lot of investors there who are looking for innovative investments. The Qvantum exhibition certainly offers that, and as our exhibition tagline reflects ‘There is an Art to finding new investments’ we’re just giving LA investors a helping hand by bringing the opportunity to them.”
HOFA’s West Hollywood location will provide a new platform for artists who have enjoyed major acclaim and success in other countries and now keen to share their work with LA. The House of Fine Art – HOFA Gallery is a contemporary art gallery exclusively representing a portfolio leading original works of art featuring a multitude of genres, including paintings and sculptures, with a focus on unique, distinctive and rare artworks of appreciative value by internationally acclaimed artists. For more information, please visit: http://thehouseoffineart.com/
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019