The House of Fine Art (HOFA) is launching its newest gallery location in Los Angeles, their first in the US – and the inaugural presentation at the new gallery is Qvantum, the ground-breaking cryptocurrency exhibition of work by internationally acclaimed artists including Joseph Klibansky, Zhuang Hong Yi, Ilhwa Kim and Marco Grassi.
Qvantum opens at HOFA Los Angeles (819 La Cienega Boulevard) with a public reception from 6 to 9pm on Tuesday, October 30th and will remain on display until Friday, November 30th. Qvantum already has majorly hit the headlines in London and Europe when the exhibition was recently shown during Frieze Week 2018. It set a ground-breaking precedent for making every piece of the $115M art portfolio available to be purchased through cryptocurrency.
The anticipation for Qvantum has hit a whole new level, as Joseph Klibansky’s ‘The Thinker’ sculpture attracted a 5 metre tall commission by Zurich based Swiss collector before the doors had even opened at HOFA’s Mayfair gallery in London.
The commission was sold for 211 Bitcoin (equivalent of approx £1.1M), and the artist [Klibansky] will receive all his payments in cryptocurrency. To date, the value of the work sold has hit over £2.5M.
HOFA spokesperson Simonida Pavicevic explained why West Hollywood is the perfect location for their new gallery:
“West Hollywood is a special place where creativity in all its many forms is truly appreciated. LA is where stars are born and we know LA will shine an even brighter light on artistic talent. We are extremely excited to be able to share the exceptional works of our resident artists with art collectors in the US.”
“There is a great market in LA and there are a lot of investors there who are looking for innovative investments. The Qvantum exhibition certainly offers that, and as our exhibition tagline reflects ‘There is an Art to finding new investments’ we’re just giving LA investors a helping hand by bringing the opportunity to them.”
HOFA’s West Hollywood location will provide a new platform for artists who have enjoyed major acclaim and success in other countries and now keen to share their work with LA. The House of Fine Art – HOFA Gallery is a contemporary art gallery exclusively representing a portfolio leading original works of art featuring a multitude of genres, including paintings and sculptures, with a focus on unique, distinctive and rare artworks of appreciative value by internationally acclaimed artists. For more information, please visit: http://thehouseoffineart.com/
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019