The House of Fine Art (HOFA) is launching its newest gallery location in Los Angeles, their first in the US – and the inaugural presentation at the new gallery is Qvantum, the ground-breaking cryptocurrency exhibition of work by internationally acclaimed artists including Joseph Klibansky, Zhuang Hong Yi, Ilhwa Kim and Marco Grassi.
Qvantum opens at HOFA Los Angeles (819 La Cienega Boulevard) with a public reception from 6 to 9pm on Tuesday, October 30th and will remain on display until Friday, November 30th. Qvantum already has majorly hit the headlines in London and Europe when the exhibition was recently shown during Frieze Week 2018. It set a ground-breaking precedent for making every piece of the $115M art portfolio available to be purchased through cryptocurrency.
The anticipation for Qvantum has hit a whole new level, as Joseph Klibansky’s ‘The Thinker’ sculpture attracted a 5 metre tall commission by Zurich based Swiss collector before the doors had even opened at HOFA’s Mayfair gallery in London.
The commission was sold for 211 Bitcoin (equivalent of approx £1.1M), and the artist [Klibansky] will receive all his payments in cryptocurrency. To date, the value of the work sold has hit over £2.5M.
HOFA spokesperson Simonida Pavicevic explained why West Hollywood is the perfect location for their new gallery:
“West Hollywood is a special place where creativity in all its many forms is truly appreciated. LA is where stars are born and we know LA will shine an even brighter light on artistic talent. We are extremely excited to be able to share the exceptional works of our resident artists with art collectors in the US.”
“There is a great market in LA and there are a lot of investors there who are looking for innovative investments. The Qvantum exhibition certainly offers that, and as our exhibition tagline reflects ‘There is an Art to finding new investments’ we’re just giving LA investors a helping hand by bringing the opportunity to them.”
HOFA’s West Hollywood location will provide a new platform for artists who have enjoyed major acclaim and success in other countries and now keen to share their work with LA. The House of Fine Art – HOFA Gallery is a contemporary art gallery exclusively representing a portfolio leading original works of art featuring a multitude of genres, including paintings and sculptures, with a focus on unique, distinctive and rare artworks of appreciative value by internationally acclaimed artists. For more information, please visit: http://thehouseoffineart.com/
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020