The House of Fine Art (HOFA) is launching its newest gallery location in Los Angeles, their first in the US – and the inaugural presentation at the new gallery is Qvantum, the ground-breaking cryptocurrency exhibition of work by internationally acclaimed artists including Joseph Klibansky, Zhuang Hong Yi, Ilhwa Kim and Marco Grassi.
Qvantum opens at HOFA Los Angeles (819 La Cienega Boulevard) with a public reception from 6 to 9pm on Tuesday, October 30th and will remain on display until Friday, November 30th. Qvantum already has majorly hit the headlines in London and Europe when the exhibition was recently shown during Frieze Week 2018. It set a ground-breaking precedent for making every piece of the $115M art portfolio available to be purchased through cryptocurrency.
The anticipation for Qvantum has hit a whole new level, as Joseph Klibansky’s ‘The Thinker’ sculpture attracted a 5 metre tall commission by Zurich based Swiss collector before the doors had even opened at HOFA’s Mayfair gallery in London.
The commission was sold for 211 Bitcoin (equivalent of approx £1.1M), and the artist [Klibansky] will receive all his payments in cryptocurrency. To date, the value of the work sold has hit over £2.5M.
HOFA spokesperson Simonida Pavicevic explained why West Hollywood is the perfect location for their new gallery:
“West Hollywood is a special place where creativity in all its many forms is truly appreciated. LA is where stars are born and we know LA will shine an even brighter light on artistic talent. We are extremely excited to be able to share the exceptional works of our resident artists with art collectors in the US.”
“There is a great market in LA and there are a lot of investors there who are looking for innovative investments. The Qvantum exhibition certainly offers that, and as our exhibition tagline reflects ‘There is an Art to finding new investments’ we’re just giving LA investors a helping hand by bringing the opportunity to them.”
HOFA’s West Hollywood location will provide a new platform for artists who have enjoyed major acclaim and success in other countries and now keen to share their work with LA. The House of Fine Art – HOFA Gallery is a contemporary art gallery exclusively representing a portfolio leading original works of art featuring a multitude of genres, including paintings and sculptures, with a focus on unique, distinctive and rare artworks of appreciative value by internationally acclaimed artists. For more information, please visit: http://thehouseoffineart.com/
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019