Enjin Smart Wallet has announced that its next update will enable users to melt down ERC-1155 tokens into Enjin Coin (ENJ), allowing developers to back their assets with ENJ and companies the ability to mass produce completely unique tokens.
“The ability to melt down ERC-1155 tokens into ENJ is a major step in the adoption of Enjin as the primary crypto wallet. This feature will not only allow early adopters to swap tokens with one another but also help developers to build blockchain-based assets in a totally unique way,” said Witek Radomski, Co-Founder & CTO of Enjin.
Every token created using Enjin’s development platform, which utilizes the latest NSA-grade encryption, is imbued with an amount of Enjin Coin (ENJ) which is locked up within it. This attached ENJ guarantees the token’s base value, acts as a certificate of authenticity, and serves to curb hyperinflation of the growing digital asset market. Users will now be able to melt down and effectively destroy their ERC-1155 tokens to retrieve the attached ENJ. This is the first time ever that users will have the power to seamlessly control these robust smart contracts with an Android or iOS app.
With the wallet’s new ERC-1155 send/receive functionality, companies can produce an unlimited number of completely unique tokens, while users can freely buy, sell, trade, give, or hold them forever. Not only does Enjin decentralize the ownership of virtual assets in games, but it also means that users can log into many games using their blockchain address and see all their on-chain items appear.
Additionally, tokens can be minted in bulk in one simple transaction, rather than needing to deploy separate smart contracts for each individual item. For example, a seamless user experience for managing mass produced, unique tokens is a key requirement for blockchain adoption by the retail market, which brings in a whopping $24 trillion in sales per year. Utilizing branded blockchain assets such as custom-made collectibles, vouchers, points, memberships, and rewards can enable businesses of all sizes to boost customer retention through automated systems—and create viral marketing effects by distributing assets that can move peer-to-peer seamlessly.
The MacCoin, a limited edition coin released in August enabled customers to buy a free Big Mac to mark the 50th birthday of its most famous burger. This is an excellent example of how an ERC-1155 digital souvenir could be used by retailers and traded by collectors in the future.
Enjin’s newly launched functionality comes hot on the heels of another recent update that showcases rich data and images for ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens, which will serve as a blueprint for Ethereum tokens in the future.
Featuring a clean and intuitive interface, one-touch fingerprint login, and the ability to monitor and manage unlimited blockchain addresses, the wallet also implements more vigorous security measures than most banking and finance apps, utilizing NSA-grade AES-256 encryption, ARM Compiler, RAM and hardware encryption, and a keylogger-proof keyboard.
In addition to feature updates, the Oru Security team’s third-party audit of the Enjin Wallet has been successfully completed and released. In summary, the report stated that the “overall security posture of the wallet application and the backend API is solid” and “the software is developed according to best practices.”
The Enjin Wallet will now also support ERC-721 collectibles for two more popular blockchain games, Blockchain Cuties and Axie Infinity, in addition to already supported assets from Gods Unchained, and CryptoKitties. To celebrate the substantial update to the Enjin Wallet, the Blockchain Cuties team is also creating a custom Enjin-themed Cutie as a salute to Enjin’s community.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019