Today, blockchain-based clean energy platform Swytch, announces the successful launch of its platform that offers enterprises real-time visibility into their green energy production data. The platform ensures anonymity and security and uses AI-based predictive technology to create sustainable policies.
Recognizing the need for simple and secure energy accounting, Swytch aims to address one of the most pressing challenges facing the energy sector. By creating an enterprise-ready public blockchain platform that digitizes energy production at the source, Swytch is empowering energy enterprises to access, control and analyze their own information. All done in a decentralized environment that is immutable, secure and compliant.
“The energy sector creates a massive amount of data but struggles transforming it into a more efficient energy strategy,” said Brad Hardin, CTO of Black & Veatch, a global leader in designing and building critical infrastructure, such as data centers, and a partner of Swytch. “Swytch addresses this with a global data protocol and distributed blockchain method to verify and track the energy production occurring on its network. This solution is very appealing to our corporate customers behind data centers and other infrastructure projects.”
Reliable energy data is required to orchestrate the grid, design efficient markets and inform effective policy and investment decisions. As the Swytch platform is built with blockchain technology, it frees the data from a centralized governance structure in favor of a distributed approach. The distributed nature of blockchain provides an unprecedented level of trust and transparency.
“The Swytch team has been hard at work building out our vision for a cleaner, greener world powered by renewable energy,” said Evan Caron, co-founder and managing director of Swytch. “By bringing together accurate energy data from multiple sources, Swytch creates an ecosystem for a smarter global energy network where anyone can participate, creating immense possibilities for disrupting the energy sector.”
Thomas Kostigen is a recognized industry pioneer in sustainability and New York Times bestselling author. Kostigen believes blockchain technology is making new things possible that are transforming the energy sector and the economy through transparent and accountable sustainability initiatives.
“Transparent, traceable data have the potential to drive change and incentivize the population to stop using fossil fuels,” said Kostigen. “Swytch makes it easy to leverage data to validate power sources and measure carbon offsets. By rewarding sustainable behavior, we can turn the tide toward reduced emissions.”
Swytch is currently in advanced project testing with a targeted set of multinational energy producers and renewable energy suppliers around the world to take its platform into their specific use cases.
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019