Today, blockchain-based clean energy platform Swytch, announces the successful launch of its platform that offers enterprises real-time visibility into their green energy production data. The platform ensures anonymity and security and uses AI-based predictive technology to create sustainable policies.
Recognizing the need for simple and secure energy accounting, Swytch aims to address one of the most pressing challenges facing the energy sector. By creating an enterprise-ready public blockchain platform that digitizes energy production at the source, Swytch is empowering energy enterprises to access, control and analyze their own information. All done in a decentralized environment that is immutable, secure and compliant.
“The energy sector creates a massive amount of data but struggles transforming it into a more efficient energy strategy,” said Brad Hardin, CTO of Black & Veatch, a global leader in designing and building critical infrastructure, such as data centers, and a partner of Swytch. “Swytch addresses this with a global data protocol and distributed blockchain method to verify and track the energy production occurring on its network. This solution is very appealing to our corporate customers behind data centers and other infrastructure projects.”
Reliable energy data is required to orchestrate the grid, design efficient markets and inform effective policy and investment decisions. As the Swytch platform is built with blockchain technology, it frees the data from a centralized governance structure in favor of a distributed approach. The distributed nature of blockchain provides an unprecedented level of trust and transparency.
“The Swytch team has been hard at work building out our vision for a cleaner, greener world powered by renewable energy,” said Evan Caron, co-founder and managing director of Swytch. “By bringing together accurate energy data from multiple sources, Swytch creates an ecosystem for a smarter global energy network where anyone can participate, creating immense possibilities for disrupting the energy sector.”
Thomas Kostigen is a recognized industry pioneer in sustainability and New York Times bestselling author. Kostigen believes blockchain technology is making new things possible that are transforming the energy sector and the economy through transparent and accountable sustainability initiatives.
“Transparent, traceable data have the potential to drive change and incentivize the population to stop using fossil fuels,” said Kostigen. “Swytch makes it easy to leverage data to validate power sources and measure carbon offsets. By rewarding sustainable behavior, we can turn the tide toward reduced emissions.”
Swytch is currently in advanced project testing with a targeted set of multinational energy producers and renewable energy suppliers around the world to take its platform into their specific use cases.
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019