London Block Exchange, the first multi-cryptocurrency exchange dedicated to the UK market, just announced the first ever digital pound sterling. The stablecoin called GBP-Peg was created through a partnership with leading global blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, which is focused on enabling institutions to issue digital assets and to operate digital asset exchanges.
GBP-Peg was initially announced as LBXPeg. LBX has a segregated, onshore, and auditable UK bank account dedicated to GBPP. All GBP held in this account is represented by an equivalent number of GBPP tokens on the blockchain. GBPP and a future suite of stablecoins based on additional fiat currencies such as the Euro and the U.S. Dollar, will also leverage AlphaPoint’s asset digitization technology.
“GBPP will help boost mainstream usage of other cryptocurrencies by allowing investors to realize the technological benefits of instantaneous transactions, decreased volatility, and increased liquidity,” said Benjamin Dives, London Block Exchange CEO. “We are excited to partner with AlphaPoint, a globally trusted brand with technology that will help us deploy and maintain a robust network in a trusted and compliant manner.”
The digitization of GBPP will benefit businesses, traders, and consumers as it will enhance the seamless transfer of money across borders – making the transfer of money traceable, trustworthy, and frictionless.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019