Lancor Scientific, an early detection cancer screening start-up, has validated an integrated cancer screening system that will provide users with a seamless journey, using its digital token. London-based Lancor Scientific has tested and linked the use of its smart-contract-driven Medici token, to its global blockchain-based cancer registry – the Lancor Blockchain Platform (LBP).
For the first time, people from all over the world will be able to use Lancor Scientific’s dedicated Medici token, not only to book, but also pay, conduct and review their cancer screening tests, taking ownership of their personal healthcare data.
The news follows in-depth analytical research by Lancor Scientific and its use of the patented Tumour Trace device. The Tumour Trace device uses OMIS (Opto-magnetic Imaging Spectroscopy) technology to detect the minute electromagnetic changes that occur in tissue as cancer emerges and develops.
Unlike most current screenings, where samples are tested off-site in laboratories and results are delivered in two weeks at follow-up appointments, with 60-70% accuracy, Lancor Scientific provides results in near-real time (under two minutes) at a rate of 90% accuracy. The device is able to screen for multiple types of cancers and is CE marked for cervical cancer, bringing a more cost-effective and accurate method than current Pap tests, for instance.
Aamir Butt, CEO of Lancor Scientific, said:
“Lancor Scientific aims to make early-detection cancer screening accessible to everyone. The use of the Tumour Trace device combined with our blockchain-based cancer registry will see this potential become a reality, especially in countries that need it the most. Linking the Medici token to the Lancor Blockchain Platform will deliver cost-effective results of cancer screening tests in near-real time.”
The Medici token uses smart-contract features to efficiently conduct transactions for cancer screening tests and host results on the patient’s secure profile. Users will be able to use their smart device to log in and register onto the Lancor Blockchain web portal, which includes an integrated digital wallet to purchase and access tokens. Deposits can be made in US dollars, Pound Sterling (GBP), Euros and major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The portal will allow Medici holders to identify a Lancor Scientific-approved clinic nearby and book their appointment, using Medici tokens as a method of payment. During the appointment, patients can present their credentials on a smartphone or device using a QR (quick response) code that verifies their identity. They will then be notified that they are conducting their screening test at an approved clinic with an authenticated device.
The report from the screening will be provided to the patient first, who can then unlock the data using his or her credentials, to be shared with a clinician. The report is held off-chain, guaranteeing security.
Lancor Scientific recently announced the opening of a new cancer research laboratory in Graz, Austria, with the support of the Austrian Government. The laboratory will explore Lancor Scientific’s cancer screening device and push for further increased accuracy during tests using AI. The device will go to market in 2019 and a minimum of 10,000 devices will be produced in the next five years.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019