Coinme, a venture-backed blockchain financial services company, has just recently launched a service that offers consumers the ability to buy Bitcoin at Coinstar® kiosks. The Kiosks can be found at select Safeway and Albertsons stores in California, Texas and Washington. Coinme also has plans to extend this offering to additional U.S. markets and retailers if the launch turns out to be successful. These new points represent the most convenient way to buy cryptocurrency with cash, due to easy accessibility.
“We’re excited to team up with Coinstar to give consumers a convenient and easy way to buy Bitcoin during the course of their daily routines,” said Neil Bergquist, Coinme Cofounder, and CEO. “Bitcoin is now accessible at your local grocery store via Coinstar kiosks, and this offering will make it even easier for consumers to participate in this dynamic new economy.”
Founded in 2014, Coinme was the first state-licensed Bitcoin ATM company in the U.S. and now handles millions of dollars (USD) in transactions each month. The company is deploying a global crypto ATM network and also offers a vertically-integrated digital wallet and Private-Client services for individuals and institutions.
“Coinstar is always looking for new ways to offer value to our consumers when they visit our kiosks, and Coinme’s innovative delivery mechanism along with Coinstar’s flexible platform makes it possible for consumers to easily purchase Bitcoin with cash,” commented Jim Gaherity, Coinstar CEO.
Coinstar owns and operates over 20,000 fully automated self-service coin-counting kiosks in nine countries, with thousands in the U.S. market that can be enabled to accept Bitcoin transactions.
There are just four simple steps to purchase Bitcoin at a Coinstar kiosk, powered by Coinme:
- Go to a select Coinstar kiosk, touch “Buy Bitcoin,” review and accept the transaction terms, and enter your phone number.
- Insert U.S. paper money into the cash acceptor (any amount up to $2,500).
Receive a voucher with a Bitcoin redemption code.
- Visit www.coinme.com/redeem to create a Coinme account or sign in to your existing account to claim your Bitcoin.
Only U.S. cash is accepted for purchase, and coins cannot be used for Bitcoin transactions. To find a kiosk location, visit www.coinme.com/kiosks or www.coinstar.com.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - 2 October 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - 28 July 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - 19 July 2019