Slant, the system for private data computations and data marketplaces in distributed environments, launches GDPR compliant privacy solution for dApps on the EOS blockchain. The technology empowers companies and individuals to privatize and own their data stored on decentralized systems. Slant provides dApps with a simple API to store private data and delegate permission to a smart contract.
Companies have the power to access personal information for their own profit. For example, insurance companies can use extensive data mining to determine whether a person is a risky driver or an unusual health risk. Data mining, aggregation, and sorting has preoccupied the burgeoning field of informational privacy for the last decade. Imagine owning that information, YOUR information, and designating who has access to it by controlling permission for use. Instead of paying the price with personal information, data can be sold, at a price, creating a revenue instead of other companies monetizing the data they collect. This seems like a glimpse into the future, but with Slant’s new technology, that future is now, making private information accessible to those who have been granted permission using blockchain technology. Slant is the vehicle to own personal data and stipulate the security and use thereof.
Slant has arrived at the pinnacle of an “information revolution”, as co-founder Michael Breidenbrücker emphasises, “…today we are witnessing the beginning of the failing traditional, productivity centric economic models. Inflationary monetary policy and financial crisis are only the first signs of our collapsing economic model. With the Slant protocol, we are proposing a new economic model which reflects a new concept of labor. It is centered on data as the most fundamental value driver and therefore evolve the labor based concept of work. It is designed to turn data into a valuable and transferrable digital asset which represents the labor factor of the information economy.“
Slant’s systems allow companies and individuals to control the use of their data ordinarily used to make “Siren Servers” such as Google and Facebook profitable, as well as instances of data mining and where AI is concerned. This development enables companies to switch to decentralized technology and provide a new monetized offering for their users. Recently introduced Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)1 in the EU have made it even more difficult to be in compliance. Slant provides the solution for dApps to store files in an encrypted way while retaining the ability to grant reading rights to interested parties.
With Slant, users are given the freedom of:
- Ownership of their information used to sell to advertisers or companies.
- Granting or denying permission information used across decentralized systems.
- Monetizing their own data, making it profitable for themselves.
- Issuing smart contracts in order to release encrypted information.
On Slant, data cannot be decrypted or hacked because it gets split and distributed into multiple nodes all containing a fraction of the full code. Slant’s innovative developments on the blockchain aim to increase efficiency and transparency, not requiring trust in the operator, as well as reducing costs by eliminating middlemen.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019